Final PC system requirements for Metro: Last Light

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by Professor Pew, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Alpinweiss

Alpinweiss Active Member

I just got to finalize my rig that will last me QUITE awhile, especially in time for this haha.

2. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

Just noticed that as well. That's a truly awesome setup they show.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Its a great pic anyway

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Damn it. :lol:

5. Forkinator

Forkinator Active Member

Damn i am really hoping that my 680 classified will be able to run this at max settings 1920x1080 @least 60fps. I have it overclocked and unlocked the bios to add more voltage for higher clocks and higher Power Target. That should help but still a 690/Titan?!

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

That should be able to run it at max, just maybe a few drops that's all. I do belive the titan one is for physX

7. Forkinator

Forkinator Active Member

physx? Or do you mean 3dVision? I can see why it would need a 690 for 3d vision but not for optimal play without it. Seems overkill.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

bad time to upgrade imo with haswell and the gtx 7 series around the corner

9. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Any good i7 with a GTX 660/680 or equivalent should be more than sufficient for running Last Light on highest settings with typical resolutions up to 1920x1200. A Titan is really for the ridiculous resolutions like 2650x1600 in #D, or multi-monitor set ups, with every setting at its highest.

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hehe this should shut Crytec up for a while :)

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'd be thrilled if someone could help me out with this:

I recently searched up "Can I run it?" in Google, and a page that searched my PC specs told me that my graphic card's memory didn't reach the minimum requirements.
    This is what the page said about my PC specs compared with Last Light's minimum requirements:
    [​IMG]

This is what the page said about my PC specs compared with Last Light's recommended requirements:
    [​IMG]

And this is all I could find on my PC about my specs:
    [​IMG]

What I'd like to know is:
    1: Is this site's Information about Last Light's minimum and/or recommended requirements correct?
    2: Is this site's information about my computer's specifications correct?

i.e: Can I trust this site?
    Thanks in advance for any help and answers :)

12. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

Skaara, I use CYRI sometimes, and yes, it is correct about your system. But I think it's wrong about your pc being able to handle the game, it often says to me that I barely meet the minimum requirements, but I manage to play the game with the highest settings, at the cost of some frames per second... Maybe you will be able to run it on Low~Medium with a stable FPS, or maybe the game won't even launch, but I doubt it

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Tha'ts what I suspected, you see. Thank you very much for the answer. I'm just very hesitative to buy a new graphics card. I don't wanna use all that money on it unless it's entirely necessary, but neither do I want to find out that it is absolutely necessary -after- release :l
    So any other answers would also be much appreciated :)

14. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Phew, saved my day there!
    I hope my Radeon HD 5800 will be sufficient, but I fear it will be some lags. :/

15. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Hmmm, an 8800 GTS isn't too new these days. If I recall the name correctly, Can I Run It asked us on Twitter if our min/rec/optimum specs were official specs, and they are, so they updated their system for it.

With your rig, you're not going to get the most out of it, but with tweaking of settings I'm going to guess the game will run. But something like an i7/8GB RAM/580 or 680 (or ATI equivalent) will be much, much better for getting it to run smoothly on high-end settings.

For what it's worth, my poor old C2D 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM, and HD 4830 will probably cry when trying to run it in 1920x1200. It can barely handle Metro 2033, although that engine was a lot less optimized.

16. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Pfft!, At least your PC can cry. My PC lost it's tear ducts fighting the confederates...

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for the answer Pew! I'm still considering it, but I might actually not buy that graphics card after all with this information :)

18. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

You'll be able to run LL. On my first play through of Metro 2033, I played it on the Radeon HD 4670 and it ran 40-ish max on medium settings at 1152 X 864. I looked up your card VS mine and it showed that yours was better; I upgraded for my second play through to the 5870 :D. So if your card was better than mine, and the minimum requirements for LL is the 4000 series or better, then you’re good.

19. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

how would my 6870 run it?

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks a bunch! :D