Film rights for Metro 2033 have been acquired

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by rolfwar, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I think Rolf has a point, Neeson would be the perfect Sukhoi (Or even Melnik).

On a second thought, the soldier who takes the baby in "Enter the Metro" would be a perfect Sukhoi as well.

#21 Darkbringer, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  2. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

i thank you for your support,Dark!

And regarding that guy:

unfortunately,just appearing on a brief trailer is much different from being a good actor :/

3. unbreakable_mind

Here's my prediction 2 possible outcomes:

1. The film will not be set in Russia. They will Americanize this film, the story will take place like in the New York Subway. And then they can hire big time American actors and make a bunch of money.

2. the film will follow the "enemy at the gates" formula, set in russia, but Main characters are american actors, makes it relatable.

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Quit dashing our hopes and dreams! Although what you said may partially come true, I like to be able to dream. And in said dream, Liev Schreiber would be Melnik: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000630/, and Michael Fassbender would have a role as wel: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1055413/

Who would play Khan???

EDIT: Liam Neeson would be a perfect Sukhoi!

#24 Pip314, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  5. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

A move should be made about METRO.

A movie should be made about METRO and it will go FAMOUS!!! if its made...

#25 princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

To be honest, I don't think that would be a good idea. I love Metro and all, but I bet it would be "Hollywoodized" and some western blockbuster director would get to make it. In other words: the movie would be a sell-out. Unless an independent filming studio from Eastern Europe would pick it up - then perhaps a lot of the unique atmosphere would be preserved, as well as narrative would probably take priority over flashy special effects. I'm sure anyone who has ever lived in a formerly East Bloc country will know what I mean in regards to the atmosphere. :)

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Let me get you up to speed:
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/75781/metro-2033-movie-rights-nabbed-by-mgm

8. GloomyOrchid

GloomyOrchid Member

Yeah they really should keep this out of Hollywood's hands.
    Like everyone said, let the Russians and Ukrainians take care of it.

9. Carma143

Carma143 Member

I really hope they don't screw this up.

10. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I was hoping that there would be a movie on metro 2033. Only problem I have is that pretty much all movies made after a book turn out shit because the makers know that people will come to watch it anyway. Metro 2033 is my favorite book and I hope that when it is finished it is good.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

12. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

There's no need to be concerned because the rights have been acquired by the studio that produced Narnia. The producer no doubt knows how to create different genres. He's not just gong to make Narnia in tunnels guys!

Anyway i for one have faith in the whole thing. And i'm less interested in the human characters and more about how they're gonna approach the creature design. I personally, would love to see WETA do it.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Agreed. I think Narnia was really good with quite immersive and good environmental effects.

-----

At first, I thought the same as Bamul, thinking "NOOO". But It's still a goddamned awesome Metro2033 movie, which I could never have dreamed of. There is indeed action in the metro universe, and if the movie will become as rumored, then there'll just be shown an actionful side of the Metro. That doesn't necessarily disclude all the other details like the whole aura of the metro universe. Like Beebopa said, they're not gonna put lots of Narnia stuff in the tunnels. I am looking so very forward to this movie, and I'm far from worried about it, really.

#33 Skaara Dreadlocks, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  14. Q Dude 87

Q Dude 87 Member

is this for real??? cuz if it is im HAPPY!

15. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Well this can go two ways. Either movie of the year or some shit that will cause everyone who helped make the film be slaughtered for making something not even worth wiping my ass with.

So far all movies based off a video game or book have been shit.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree with the former, but not with the latter. The vast majority of movies based on games have turned out to be crap, but I would not say the same for all films based on books. Sure, some content has to be cut if you want to fit the whole plot of a book in just two hours, but that doesn't always mean the final product is bad. Yes, usually worse than the original work it was based on, but not always bad in itself.

To be honest, the only way to make a great movie adaptation of Metro 2033 would be to release a two or three part series of films - each around two hours in length (look at Lord of the Rings to see what I mean); then they would be able to cover much more of the novel's story and get across many of the ideas and philosophies behind it that they would not be able to achieve with a typical Hollywood action-flick. However, since Metro 2033 isn't that popular outside of Eastern Europe, I doubt that Hollywood would give the time & money needed for a large scale project like that. :(

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Well the first 3 harrypotters werrnt bad....

But the only 1 I trust to direct this is~ JOE~

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

I suddenly came to think of this old thread again.. :)
    I randomly found some more information on it, which seems to conclude that it's actually going to be made:

- http://www.geekosystem.com/metro-2033-movie/

19. metro

metro Member

its good so far

20. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Somebody mentioned in the first page, that the guy who was behind The Road would be perfect. He captured soo good the book's gloomy and depressive atmosphere which I would like to see in the Metro movie as well. Feel the loneliness when Artyom is alone in the tunnels and feel the hostality of the ruined Moscow. If the actors won't be russian, than I want Mads Mikkelsen for Khan, because he's preformance is awesome in the Hannibal series. Why I would want him? In the Hannibal series he play Hannibal, as you know, and I think as he preforming that character you can see the little glimpses of he is real self, he is look like a calm, but you can also feel the sleeping power. He have a unique face, and as far as I remember in the books Khan looks a little bit strange, and speaks strangely. Firstly Artyom is scared from him.