Favourite Weapon loadout

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BaZzaaa, May 18, 2013.

1. Apathy4Marmite

I got fairly attached to my Bastard in the first game, so I chose that from the start with a suppressor and just added more attachments to it as I went.

Took a base revolver as well but during the chapter Separation, I swapped it out to try the silenced Ashot and found that watching people go flying across the room was so entertaining that I never looked back.

Didn't have a third slot as I was on Ranger but towards the end I dropped my Ashot for an unscoped Preved that I found, which was handy because minutes later I found myself facing off against mother bear with an elephant gun. It was like Cabela's Big-Game Hunter on steroids, and I'm now convinced that someone should make a hunting game set in the Metro universe.

2. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Where did you find the Preved?? I havent seen a single one untill the last level.

3. Apathy4Marmite

I actually have no idea, I'm pretty sure it was somewhere towards the start of the chapter where you fight mama bear. I think it's either near a dead body marked with an orange flag that gives you a positive moral flash, inside a store just before where the Demon is minding it's own business, or behind the territorial group of watchmen after you head through the creek. I would go back and check but unfortunately I made the mistake of starting a new game rather than replaying parts from the chapter menu so I've lost all my progress. :(

4. Fist-Alpha99

Fist-Alpha99 Member

I like the RPK. The other slot(s), i'll use whatever I want or think would be appropriate.

5. Extreme Scotsman

You can get one when first encounter the merchents during the Depot Chapter. Click on the spoiler for a screenshot.

[​IMG]

6. Apathy4Marmite

Found it, in the chapter 'The Dead City'.

When you get to an area that looks like this:

[​IMG]

You'll know it because there'll be a pharmacy sign on the right and LDO will say something like "Hard to see... I see shadows better."

Instead of heading into the pharmacy, turn left into this door:

[​IMG]

Turn right into the first apartment:

[​IMG]

Then you'll find this poor fellow clutching his anti-aircraft gun in the bath:

[​IMG]

7. Cheaptricks

THANK YOU guys!:D

Appreicated very much! I can't belive I missed not 1 but 2 chances of grabbing this bad boy.:lol:

8. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

on normal difficulty my loadout is long barrel revolver, no attachments; AK with IR scope and silencer (can use it as sniping and stealth weapon); auto shotgun with laser sight and extended barrel, changed later to a saiga with same attachments.

right now doing Ranger Hardcore. Just got to Venice, carrying auto shottie with IR sight and AKS with IR sight and silencer.

9. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I like to use a Tihar, Silenced Kalash, and any type of shotgun (although I like the Shambler). Wish I could find a VSV to replace the Kalash, though.

10. Cheaptricks

Ya the first VSV I found was half way into the game. Not sure of the level name atm.

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Depends on Difficulty.

All AR's are good and you need something that takes MGR's for if you run out of normal rounds. An AR is practically essential. Usually one that takes a suppressor.

Next is a shotgun. For some odd reason, you can carry more 12.7mm shotgun shells than almost any other ammo type, and they do fantastic damage. I like the Quadlet for normal difficulty, though I usually instead opt for the Shambler for Ranger. (Saiga is just a bit weak for my taste)

Then it's all up to you. Pistols are largely outclassed by AR's but are still good fun. The Valve is really fun to use, too bad you can't carry much ammo. Tihar is also outclassed by Silenced AR's (and why the hell can I only carry 45 bearings?), and Helsing seems weaker than before.

On Ranger, it's silenced AR and Shambler. No real point using other guns, the ammo cap is ridiculous.

12. j4c0b1

j4c0b1 New Member

My favourite weapons are the valve, and the VSV.

I just wish there was more ammo available and to carry for the other weapons, and not quite so much shotgun and AR ammo to make ranger mode not basically require a shotgun and AR.

13. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

1. Ashot
    2. Bastard
    3. Valve/Preved

14. The-Russian-Spartan

The-Russian-Spartan New Member

I'll go with the RPK-74M, Helsing, and Azbhat for fun... For practical use, AKS-74u, Saiga, RPK-74M.

15. Baron01

Baron01 Active Member

Non-Ranger difficulty settings:
    1. Revolver - silenced, reflex sights and stock (optional)
    2. Kalash / Kalash 2012 - extended mag and reflex sights
    3. Saiga-12 - extended mag and reflex sights

Ranger difficulty settings:
    1. Kalash / Kalash 2012 - extended mag, reflex sight, silencer and laser sight
    2. Shambler - extended barrel, reflex sight and laser sight

Silencing assault rifles (AR) in non-ranger modes is too cheap. I also prefer to keep my main skirmish weapon as powerful as possible. Ranger modes do not give you much other choices than silence AR due to 2 weapons limit.

16. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

I prefer "real" weapons.. im not much into the makeshift ones.. even though they are cool ;D

1. RPK - NV scope, drum mag, laser
    2. Saiga 12k - drum mag, laser
    3. Revovler - silencer, stock, laser

17. tamalero

tamalero Well-Known Member

1) Silenced resolver with nightvision scope.
    2) silenced dual barrel shotgun (then changed to the quad shotgun)
    4) Assault rifle ( I think it was the Kalash) with laser & basic scope.
    but then, Im not far into the game myself, just got past Venice.

18. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

I ran around with the Kalash (Suppressed, Reflex Sight, Laser), Suppressed automatic pistol (with the stock set and Reflex sight), and the Saiga-12 (extended drum-magazine) for most of the game. Fun set up.

19. " No Rokko...you can't."

A) Revolver, stocked, silenced, scoped.

B) Helsing