Quantcast

Favourite Class

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by KKrage, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

You can make your mage pretty durable, to the point where it feels almost like a warrior, look into a couple of Arcane Warrior builds.
    Once you start piling on a few armors and magical shields nothing gets past your defenses.

2. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

I just cannot trust the AI to heal properly so I usually go mage so I can take care of that on my own! If I decide to switch it up I'll go rogue...but NEVER warrior for me. I just can't stand melee combat.

3. Strykstar

The main thing that makes me go warrior so many times is that I like always controlling my character and since it's moving ahead of the others he is the first one to enter combat, how do you account for this when using mage or rogue?

4. Kleineganz

Kleineganz Well-Known Member

In most RPG games I choose melee DPS and I prefer classes that are tough to kill, so I tend to often go with warrior classes.

5. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

My favorite class is rogue, as I think its a more innovative combat system than the more traditional mage who uses magic, or warrior who fights with a sword. There is a wide variety of skills such as using traps, and the combat just seems more fun while playing rogue.

6. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member Regular

I would totally go for mage. It's just something that it's related to me, I always like playing with magic class. The spells in the game are totally awesome, my favorites are elemental ones. Anytime when I don't know what to pick I simply go with magic class/race and play I don't want to lose too much time reading specifications.

7. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

Yeah, this is usually what I do in most RPG games, but for some reason I picked rougue in DA:O and fell in love with it, haha.

8. Kleineganz

Kleineganz Well-Known Member

I stayed with my tried and true for DA:O. The only game I strayed from that was in Diablo III where I went with a demon hunter.

9. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I use mage because of it variable options to make a character really durable in battles. In addition, I prefer aggressive game playing style to gain the maximum advantage and entertainment.

10. Strykstar

I wanted the Witch Doctor to be good, I loved playing the Necromancer In Diablo II, but the Witch Doctor is nowhere need as cool and powerful.

11. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

Wow, I think the overwhelming consensus here is mage - and I have to agree! I've made a mage for every single game (and then gone back and made rogues/warriors); they're just so exciting. We've all seen conventional weapons before, but magic gives game developers a chance to be really creative. The schools and combinations of spells (especially in origins) have been a great addition to the Dragon Age lore, and help to make the game unique.

And, simply put, magic is magical. It's fantastical. It's wonderful!

12. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite class is Rogue. I like fast and double wielding weapons.

13. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

You have my utmost approval, good sir. I think what it is about mage classes is because you can have something in a fantasy realm that you can't have in reality. At least, that's how it is for me.

14. Calamity

Calamity Member

Warrior basically. Tanky warrior. I made it through most of the high difficulties in Origins by being very tanky, and just soloing everything. Mainly because I played without a healer; which albeit isn't the greatest decision I made up for by dual tanking with Allistar. Rest of my party dealt some serious damage, so it generally wasn't a huge concern. I've also done a stealth thief playthrough and a high damage blood mage. Warrior is still my favorite after all my experience with the other classes.

15. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I always went Warrior as well. I finished DA:O with a dual wielding warrior. DA: 2 with the generic warrior (although I had a ton of problems with the Arishok) and in DA: Inquisition I went full Arcane Warrior. It made the game so damn easy, even on higher difficulty levels.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I'm always a warrior type, haha. (Though my friend finds it assuming I always go with warrior, when I have a "healer" personality) My Inq is a human warrior, and I'm planning on going Warrior Reaver when I get to that point.

17. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I can appreciate all three, but I have the most fun playing a Rogue. I love sneaking around in general - there were some fantastic moments for doing that in Origins, in particular - and Rogues get some really cool attacks when the attention is drawn towards someone else in combat. Fragility is an issue, but so long as your tank is doing their job properly you shouldn't get hit too often as a Rogue.

18. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I went with mage for origins instead of the mage partly because I didn't like the warrior skill set. However in inquisition I was definitely an elf warrior reaver. I did enjoy the power it made me feel as the battle went on since you get stronger as your hp dropped.

Some games makes me more satisfying depending on the class for me.