Favorite Video Game Genre

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by alfonso, Aug 22, 2013.

1. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I've been playing video game since I was about 8 and I've played most game genres out there. I like strategy games a lot, particularly turn-based based strategy like Civilization and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I also enjoy real time strategy and some RPG MMORPG/Strategy based games are awesome too. Whats your favorite game genre?

2. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Action-adventures, RPGs, action games in general, tactical and multiplayer stuff.

3. bknight

bknight Active Member

RPG's, action adventure / stealth, FPS, and of course, football games are among my favourite game styles, can't go wrong with each one of these.

4. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

Action adventure games for sure. Along with third person shooters. Oh and of course open world games too!

One of my favourite games include Assassin's Creed, GTA, Uncharted etc.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd have to say realistic FPS games would be my favourites. Unfortunately there aren't many of these around these days.

6. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Sports games are superior in my opinion. I love the franchise modes of football and baseball games. I am 60 years into a MVP Baseball 2004 franchise with the Toronto blue Jays! I love playing the role of General Manager, Coach and Player. Each season, game and roster is different especially when you start out with a fantasy draft.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is true. Even if you eventually end up with a team where all of the players are fictional, it doesn't matter since some of them have been with you for so long. I played a lot of madden during the summer and now that the season starts I was looking for this one player... only to realize that he wasn't an actual player but just one of the guys I drafted in the early years of my franchise.

8. orlando curtis

I'm more of a first man shooter person myself.

9. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

I really like first person stealth games, they have a special place in my heart because of the Thief series. I played them when they first came out, and I really am looking forward to the remake.

10. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say sports game are superior. I know they put a lot of work into them, and most sports games come out with new versions every year. The thing is, a big part of why they're so popular is because its a game based on a game which has a huge number of fans already. If they where superior, why don't you see a lot of sport games making it to top game lists lately?

11. Teemo

Teemo Well-Known Member
    Regular

Every genre actually, I'm a pro-gamer lol ;p I just don't really like sport games, although I watch matches on tv, I just don't enjoy the gameplay so much no idea why, I think everything is so predictable.

12. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty big on action/adventure games, along with tower defense. I love a good storyline to my game-but at times, I don't need a storyline at all. I am happy with just your basic video game....if basic even exists in the gaming world.

13. shiftermob

shiftermob Member

My favorite video game genre would have to be survival games, like Rust, dayz and Nether! You should all play Rust haha!

14. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

My game genre have evolved over the years. When I was much younger, I used to love Point-and-click Adventure games, Role Playing games and RT strategy games. Two decades later, I still like them, but my primary tastes has evolved into less patience type games and more into action type games with some role playing elements. Unfortunately, most First Person Shooters these days have head bobbing which makes me sick.

15. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

My favourite is RPGs or MMORPGs, most of them are action-adventure, or full on action. Sometimes MOBA games like League of Legends, I love playing with others especially, beating and winning other people is a good feeling.

16. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

My favorite genre is probably RTS games, especially ones like Starcraft, which involves a great campaign and an very competitive multiplayer mode. I also enjoy Racing and RPGs a lot, as I like games that offer freedom and exploring.

17. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

My favorite genre is RPGs like the Legend Of Zelda.

18. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I also like racing games a whole lot. But that would be second compared to Zelda.

19. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

It's a strong tie between RPG's and Racing Games...

20. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer playing RPGs but in addition I also play racing games such as Gran turismo and Need for speed. Some war games are also interesting, for example, as a kid I used to play Wolfenstein enemy territory all the time. I have also played Warrock for a couple of years.