Favorite race and class combo to play?

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by Touchstone, May 15, 2015.

1. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

What's currently your favorite race and class combo in DDO? I'm also counting multi-classing and the reincarnation mechanic. Personally, I can't nail one down due to the many changes that has happened to class balance over the years.

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Because of the way the game rewards you for having a character on every server ( bonus TP).. I have basically every class spread out.

But my favorite to play is a Drow Mage/Rogue... it will be 18/2 when finished. It is a great build for soloing dungeons. I use stealth and enchant spells (charm monster). Just stealth around, charm something, and then pick off stuff while they are fighting the charmed monster. You also have all the rogue abilities for traps and locks and stuff like that. Just a very fun character if you want to sink into a long dungeon and take your time clearing it. ( It is a very slow way to play though).

On the opposite side, I like just playing a fighter. You play the game more like an action RPG and just decimate stuff quickly. You can clear dungeons faster than the Mage/roguek, but you can´t do as difficult of dungeons solo.

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like playing a dwarf/thief. It's an interesting combination. When we used to play D & D live, I was a Kender/thief. Too sly and tricky to get caught. I need to get into this online game it seems pretty cool.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Playing a pure rogue in DDO is great if you are planning on doing a lot of group content, but it can be difficult if you want to solo because like most MMORPGs there is a lot of combat, and rogues really don´t do well if they are the target of a lot of attacks. You would really have to build your rogue to prepare for this.. but being a sneaky rogue won´t really work in solo play.. just too many times where you are involved in multi-mob combat.

The good news with DDO is that you can mix classes easily. For instance, I love being a sneaky rogue, but I only take 2 levels of rogue to do it, the other 18 levels are mage so that I can deal with combat.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't really play this game for too long but I enjoyed playing Rogue. It was hard to play solo but I mostly played with friends so I didn't mind too much! :D

6. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

It sounds really cool to be able to mix classes and specs like that. A rogue mage sounds pretty BA.

I'm curious about whether or not some combinations are overpowered or whether there is pretty good balance. I mean, I get that there are personal preferences. I'm just wondering about the overall consensus on balance.

7. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was once obsessed with the Aasimar paladin combo but I've switched it up a couple of times. I also really enjoyed Bugbear Barbarian, so I guess that is my second favorite.

8. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

Halfling all day! I'm crazy in love with mounts, so any class that uses mounts, I'm down.

9. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dwarf/Ranger and Human/Cleric are my two favorite combos in that order.

10. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite race and class combo has to be Halfling wizard.