favorite place

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by BORIS13, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Did anyone find that guy in the wooden boxes just before Bourbon dies? You waste everyone in the level, then head toward the door which leads to the end. To your left (beyond the arches) is a massive area filled with wooden boxes. You find a gap, enter it (it's a real maze in there!) and you will find a soldier smoking a hookah. He obviously thought no-one would find him! :) My brother found this out. :D

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that guy was harder to kill than a demon. I emptied my whole revolver into him and it did nothing. The maze was fun though.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, I heard about that somewhere, so I checked it out myself. You know that you can smoke the hookah yourself, right? :D

4. craneum123

craneum123 Well-Known Member

My favorite place is the hookers room at riga station. any of you guys done that easter egg. I like to think of it as a bad easter egg because "she" takes all your MG ammo :p

5. Von Streff

Regular

Cracked me up, somehow I knew something was gonna go wrong! :p

6. Von Streff

Regular

I used a stick of dynamite, because once he sees you, bam! But it's pretty funny how you can use the hookah, though it isn't funny in a way, but yep. :)

*edit* Oh, sorry, double post! I'm real tired, not thinking... :)

7. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Choosing a favourite location from this game is impossible. Every area from a deserted station, the dark empty (or not so empty) tunnels, to the desolate ruined surface, they all have their own appeal that just can't be compared to one another.

But for the sake of the thread I'll say D-6 is one of my favourite places, just because we don't see much of it, but what we do see makes me very curious to see the rest of the facility. I like how it was hidden, sealed off, and untouched (by people). Seeing that floor of tanks made me want to scream "stop the lift!" And makes me so insanely curious about what else is tucked up and hidden away in the facility... Can't wait to see the place again in Last Light.

8. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

That's IF it will be in Last Light. And by the way, it's way more mysterious in the book, if you havent read it :3

9. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Haven't got that far in the book yet, looking forward to it though.

All I have to go on with my hope to see the place again is this from the D-6 page of the Metro wiki:
    Hopefully it's true, but in the screenshot it clearly has a wrecked D-6 train in the scene.

10. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Nice O.O
    Now I hope they include the Kreml station too (It's in the book, and I can promise you won't be dissapointed at all), just because they didnt have it in Metro 2033 D:

11. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

I really liked that Orthodox Christian mural in Sparta base. Also it was really nice being high up in the Tower and looking on the city below.

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I like frontline (at the moment) very thematic and filled with little details

13. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

I like the view from The tower.

14. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

everyone likes the view from my tower

15. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tower.In fact the entire prologue,the square in front of the tower where the final battle takes place.I know it's Moscow,i can recognize the place.But the lightnings,the snow make it almost magical for me.
    Dead city too and Outpost.
    I hope for more missions on the surface in LL,not just the swamp.

16. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I really liked the library as you enter that huge room where the demon picks up and drops Danila, I thought it was quite a sight the first time I entered it.

I like the levelson the way to D6 with the rangers, dunno what it is, there's just something about 'em. Especially the very first area of the caves level. It's one of the only areas where it's pitch black with the flashlight or NVG off in the game and you battle one of the armored nosalises. I can't really explain how I feel about it but it makes you feel like you're "surviving" as you bash down the rotting doors searching for ammo and expecting to be attacked but it's just really quiet and you're alone. When you turn your light on the place feels so normal and untouched yet you know it's not as quiet at it seems.

#36 VanillaToshi, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  17. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I liked exploring the Metro station and meeting their inhabitants.