Favorite map?

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by Ishmael, May 27, 2016.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Which one's your favorite map in Overwatch?

While I gotta say that I really like them all, my favorite is probably Hanamura because of the really cool oriental setting.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a big fan of route 66 from a design standpoint, it seems really well balanced between attackers and defenders. Like you mentioned, Hanamura is super cool aesthetically as well.

3. Ishmael

Regular

I think Route 66 give too much of an advantage to defenders. I've played it a lot and I've won only a few times when I was an attacker.

4. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

Hanamura is my favorite map aesthetically but it's absolutely awful to play on. I always win on defense and lose on offense. Volskaya is pretty hard on offense too but not as bad as Hanamura. Nepal is my favorite map gameplay wise and 2nd aesthetically.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think my favorite is Ilios. It gives me a good chance to run around with Tracer while staying out of sight until I want the enemy to know I'm there. I do very well with her in that map and it's incredibly fun.

6. Lulu

Lulu Member
    Regular

I really like Dorado (not to mention the loading music) and from a defense standpoint it's a fun challenge to get the right positioning and execute a good push back at the bridge. I really like King's row too.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the look of Hanamura the most but I agree that it's not as balanced as it should be or maybe I am just doing something wrong. It will take me a bit more time to find a map I'm that comfortable with that I'd play it almost everytime.

8. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haven't played it enough to have a favorite though. So far it has been living up to the hype, which is more than excellent considering most of the games who have this much hype end up not meeting the expectations from the world over. I guess this is a pretty fun game, and I can honestly believe the opinion that Overwatch would take over Team Fortress 2 any day now.

9. Ishmael

Regular

Hanamura is pleasant to look it and that's why I like it. I agree though that it has some balancing problems: attacking is a mess because there are not many choices for paths especially the beginning, so the defense always knows where to look.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I honestly don't know what they could do to it to rebalance it or even if they should because I'm thinking that maybe there's just something that the current meta is not picking up on but I agree that it definitely is the best looking map out of all the current ones.

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hanamura is yeah definitely the most badass map while also kind of the most annoying. Everything else is alright, I also like Dorado but I haven't had too much time outside of the few dozen hours I got so far in a short span of time, so no advanced opinion yet.

12. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I enjoy KOTH maps like Ilios and Lijiang Tower, since it's more action-packed and fairer unlike attack/defense maps.

13. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

I rеаlly, rеаlly dislikе Iliоs. I dоn't knоw whаt it is, I just dо. Prоbаbly bесаusе I'vе hаd а lоt оf rеаlly bаd gаmеs оn thаt mаp. I dunnо.
    Hоllywооd is а niсе mаp thоugh. еvеn thоugh thе right flаnk dirесtly оutsidе thе аttасking spаwn is nеvеr usеd.
    саn't sаy аnything аbоut еiсhеnwаldе, I'vе nеvеr plаyеd оn thе mаp bеyоnd thе first pоint.