Quantcast

Favorite LoZ game?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by JimmyBean, Aug 7, 2013.

1. JimmyBean

JimmyBean Member

I think my favorite Legend of Zelda game of all time would be Four Swords for the Gameboy Advanced. I spent HOURS on that game and still didn't find all the little secrets and such.

What was your favorite game of the Legend of Zelda series?

2. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

Hmm I think four Swords was pretty great too! I think my overall best time, most time played, was done on the N64. I couldn't get enough of that game!

3. JimmyBean

JimmyBean Member

All of the games they had for the N64 were fantastic. And when the Wii came out I tried out Twilight Princess which was pretty fun too. And then most recently I decided to get an emulator on my PC to try out Minish Cap, which was really neat. I liked that one a lot too, the story was awesome

4. Hook&Anchor

Hook&Anchor Active Member

Unfortunately, I never bought a Wii. Is it worth it? Did I miss out? I don't think so, I dont wanna break my t.v. :p I have to agree with Cutler, I loved the N64 versions and all they included!

5. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to go cliche here and say The Legend of Zelda for the NES. I remember when I first played it and had this fond feeling of never having played anything like it before. I was a young little fella and it was still new to me. Gaming that is. I adore the N64 games as well, but it's the very first that holds the top spot for me.

6. Cookiedough18

Cookiedough18 Member

Yep yep yep Zombie. The NES was amazing. For its time that game changed everything. so many young peoples lives were changed at that point, the n64 is close behind though

7. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Ocarina of Time of course. It set a whole new standard what is pretty amazing if you consider how good the Zelda games were back then already.

8. Nin10gamer

Nin10gamer Member

Windwaker! The cartoon style is really one of the best art styles in a Legend of Zelda game. I also enjoyed sea exploration unlike most of my friends who hated it. I don't know it just felt fresh to me and it helps to have a printed out map of the sea to know exactly where you're going. I plan on getting the revised version on the Wii U.

9. -Kian-

-Kian- Active Member

All Zelda games were great, but since I played Twilight Princess the most, I'll pick that one.
    I just loved it entirely; the moment I started it, I couldn't stop listening to the intro music already.

10. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

My all time favorite is the Minish Cap on the old GBA. I didn't really meet any people who even knew about it, to be honest. It has some really nice gimmicks that other Zelda games don't, and that really got me hooked to it. Also, I was about 10 or 12 maybe at the time. ^^

11. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

Honestly, sometimes I feel like the only person who liked Majora's Mask. It's story was creepy, the concept was fun, the time mechanics were interesting, I was able to fight bosses I liked again, and some of the mechanics were the best in any game i have played. I have no idea why people seem to really dislike this one.

12. Eva

Eva Active Member

My favorite Legend of Zelda game is, and always will be, Ocarina of Time. I grew up with it, and it shaped my interests of the kinds of games I still enjoy today. I've played Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Twilight Princess, et cetera... But the same "magic" just wasn't there. I still play through Ocarina of Time every few years.

13. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

It's a tough choice between The Minish Cap and Wind Waker.
    Minish Cap was the first Zelda game I really played thoroughly. I did every little thing there was to do in that game. From what I remember, you had to collect 4 elements from all over the world in order to craft the Picori Sword. I played through the entire story and got to the final boss battle, but I couldn't defeat him. After a long hiatus from playing it, I found the cartridge gathering dust in the corner and decided it was time to "settle the score." I popped it into my Gameboy and started right where I left off, just outside the final boss dungeon. After a few tries, I finally defeated Vaati.
    As for Wind Waker, I really enjoyed the atmosphere in that game. The townspeople had their own little stories and side-quests going on, such a fun distraction. Speaking of distraction, I loved how you could just sail into the open sea and find random little islands to conquer. I was determined to map out the whole world. I never did beat the game though, I'd like to go back and play it one of these times.

That being said, I think I still prefer Minish Cap over Wind Waker. Probably because I had a more memorable experience with Minish Cap.

14. Brad

Brad Member Regular

Four Swords was not bad but I enjoyed Windwaker on WII U I found it to be actually very good compared to how Four Swords was but it does have better graphics, combat system etc.

15. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

I hate this cartoonish style. It just does not fit to the series and I am glad they took it back.

16. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

I know that feeling. Exactly how I think about it.

17. Teemo

Teemo Well-Known Member Regular

For me it's gonna be Link's awakening on the original Gameboy. That's the first game I ever played in that green screen and spend hours and hours trying to figure out how to progress into the game.

18. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I have not played all the Legend of Zelda, but I would say Ocarina of Time because it introduced me to the series and I became addicted with the game after I beat the game I started to branch out and play more Legend of Zelda games.

19. Vegany

Vegany Member

Hope I can still chime in here.

Granted I haven't played all the zelda games, but out of the ones I have played (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword) I'd have to say my favorite was Majora's mask. I really attuned to the story as a kid and would play through it for hours on end. I could never get past the water temple without help because I was afraid of like likes and the grabby hands. Mainly I would muster enough courage to just grab the ice arrow and then reset time so I'd have it and never go back to the dungeon again lol. (I specifically remember that time trying to get the ice arrow. I was literally down to half a heart with that big rolling eye and I was just hide in the corner with my shield up so he couldn't hit me.)

While I know some people complained about it's lack of temples, in a way it had some pre temple quests that kind of introduced you to the feel of the environment before throwing you into the environment, a like Ocarina of Time.

I loved all the characters of MM, the music, and all the masks. After I beat it I would spend a lot of time looking up glitches for it so I could still find my favorite zelda game interesting.

20. Efrahinu19

Efrahinu19 Member

My favorite for console is Ocarina of Time but for portable is't going to be Orical of the Seasons. It's cliche for Ocarina of Time but the game is as good as people say it is. As for Orical of the Seasons, it was my first Legend of Zelda on the gameboy so I have a personal connection to it. Both I enjoyed very well and still play them from time-to-time.