Favorite fast food joint ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by wulfman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is a coffee travesty, and I understand-- especially since sugar free syrup HAS to be handled a certain way to make it palatable.

I went low carb for a stint, and you can "make your own" with the sugar free syrups that they use like at Starbucks-- DaVinci makes stellar sugar free syrups that don't taste sugar free, but they're sometimes hard to find. But yes, you absolutely have to blend the syrup and heavy cream a certain way to keep it from getting that....eww factor. At least if you do it on purpose, you can prepare for it!

2. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love McDonald's burgers, Burger King's extra long sandwich, Wendy's iced tea, KFC's chicken and JCO's donuts. So you see, I have a favourite food from all fast food stands. Hahahaha! I can't pick just one fast food, I love them all!

3. TheNapier

TheNapier Member
    Regular

In N' Out is really good, though the fast food I eat most often is probably McDonalds and Taco Bell (mhmm tacos and bean burritos). Shlotzskys is great, though I'm sure if they're considered fast food. Subway used to be really good, but ever since a few years ago all their stuff tastes nasty imho.

4. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite is probably Subway, although I have yet to find one person who looks nice eating the meatball marinara when its loaded with salad. Although a Taco Bell has opened in my city in the UK and they dont taste half bad. I've only had the 99p taco's so far. I haven't had a meal from them yet

daredevil likes this.
  5. daredevil

Regular

I do like Subway subs. They aren't loaded with seasoning and has just the right taste. But I love Taco Bell especially the local only menu here. They offer meat with rice instead of taco and it's so good! Now I'm craving one!

6. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member
    Regular

I love Taco Bell, though it might just be due to their monopoly on Baja Blast. In any case, I enjoy fast, spicy food.

7. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah the taste is pretty much spot on and if you don't choose any sauces it is not a horrendously unhealthy fast food meal. Ah that sounds quite nice I think because we only have around 5 taco bells in the UK the menu is probably quite vanilla compared to the ones in America. Still kind of annoying because of exchange rates a 99 cent snack in the US is about $1.40 here. Same goes with Mc Donald as well but no matter

daredevil likes this.
  8. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

Every fast food place has their strengths and weaknesses. For example, Mickey D's has the best fries, but I prefer the burgers from Hardee's(or Carl Jr.s if you're on the worst coast), and the chicken nuggets from Wendy's. Overall, I'd say the best fast food place is definitely Bojangles, though. It's in the southern states only as far as I know, but their biscuits and fried chicken are 110% delicious. If you've got a Popeyes, I'd say their chicken tastes pretty similar, but no fast food place as far as I know has better biscuits than Bojangles. If they have a flaw, it's that their french fries are over seasoned and not very tasty.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like Jack in the. Box but sadly no more exist here in my area. A close second for me would be Wendy's because I like the variety in their menu and it's not as accessible here so I'm a lot less tired of it. I'm not too fond of burgers though so I rarely buy from these restaurants. I just buy from Chinese or Japanese takeout most of the time.

10. daredevil

Regular

Only five taco bells? Wow, that's quite few. We have lots of Taco Bells but only on one certain mall company. But that company has like 10 or more malls that go under their name.

Anyway, it's the same way here with the price. The good meals are actually triple or double the American price which can be frustrating sometimes.

My husband says that one dally is enough in America to eat in fast food. They even buy this big roasted chicken for just 5 dollars, lol.

11. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

Subway- because I swear I could eat like ten sandwiches a day- or Wimpy, because I love their burgers so much.

12. Navi45

Navi45 Member
    Regular

I'd give it to Five Guys. Their fries and burgers are so good. Their shakes are a little too thick though.
    If not five guys I'll give it to Quiznos (Mmm black Angus steak sandwich..) and Wendy's (their spicy chicken burger is too good.)

Occasionally Taco Bell will win me over with its triple steak stack wrap. I only wish the quality was consistent (time and location-wise) and the triple steak stack was a permanent food item.

13. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Five Guys does make a delicious burger, and the fresh-cut fries are pretty dang amazing as well. I never ended up with a shake though, just burgers and fries.

Quiznos restaurants are dying out, I think. I can't hardly find one anymore!

14. Navi45

Navi45 Member
    Regular

It could have been the fact that I made FiveGuys mix alot of stuff into my shake but the time I ordered a shake it was really thick and super sweet.

Ditto on that Quiznos comment. There is only one Quiznos near where I live... Definitely not as numerous as Subway (which for me is like....every 20 blocks.)

15. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I live in Mexico but must of the well-known Fast Food restaurants from the U.S. have a franchise here. I like Carl's Junior and Pizza Hut (more or less). I prefer local food all the way, heheh.

16. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

I'm a KFC addict to be honest. Nothing matches their chicken, and I'm in love with all of their products. I could eat there all day every day, too bad it isn't necessarily that healthy. I've never been much of a burger fan either, so KFC is the one for me.

17. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ugh. Subway. They're everywhere, EVERYWHERE!! :p

Seriously though.....why do Subways always smell like feet? I don't get it. It's not that appealing.....but then again, I can't say no to a Spicy Italian on flatbread. I'm a walking contradiction.

18. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

Are you kidding me? Subways smell awesome, I don't know what you're talking about. It's all those flavours in one single sandwich, smelling like heaven.

19. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

If i have to choose one, i'd have to say either five guys or chipotle's. Not a regular fast food eater but these I've had and they were really good.

20. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like any of them because I am a vegan :( It's just this sad fiery reverse petting zoo where instead of petting the peaceful, non-threatening animals, you have to remember they lived in horrible conditions before having their throat slits for your tongue tasties.