Favorite companion?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Teddy Picker, May 22, 2012.

1. dahksinol

dahksinol Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had a problem with how the hell did the nazis not notice a guy with tribal gear and dreads and braids and a ponytail before he shot in the middle of the room. It basically shouted out 'NOT FULLY RUSSIAN!!!' imo

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I agree, and they're really diverging from the book-Khan. In Metro 2033 (the novel), he's really philosophical and I don't even think he carries a weapon, whereas in Metro 2033 (the game) he's the same. In Last Light, however, you saw what he was doing in the trailer: one-handing a Saiga 12, and being an all around badass. I usually appreciate that in a character but not for Khan, because that's not who he is.

3. dahksinol

I always imagined Khan as like he said "Wolf Among Jackals", where I see him as a more 'civilized' (due to a lack of a better term) fellow than those that surround him. And that's what I saw in M2033, a person who was against war, who wasn't their rockers. But seriously? All the trailers which include him are so... Out of Character. I hope Khan in the Trailer is actually miller or hunter in-game, they just replaced the model and the voice like how they did with Price and Ghost in Modern Warfare 2, just to... hide some spoilers I think.

4. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

One can only hope.
    I agree, Khan looks way out of characheter but I sadly doubt that the Khan we saw in the trailer is just a stand in for the real Khan.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I don't like how KhansGotKarma was the only one to say Ulman. Bourbon had character, yes, but not a positive one. Khan was definitely the most helpful, and I always think of my character Benjamin when meeting him in the game, as he reminds me a lot of him. Although Ulman didn't get much screentime, he had a very positive influence like a real companion. Nobody came up with good jokes like he did. Nobody cheered up everyone's mood like he did. That's why he's my favorite :D

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

yup,looks like they "melted" together the characters of Miller and Khan...definitely not a good choice... :/

7. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Just wait until Vlad finds his way here :D

8. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

He was my number two, but he was not as "Metro" as Khan. But his jokes and golden heart is a gift for the others, as he makes them see things in a positive, even funny, way.

9. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone prior to this post has said about Khan, and no words can explain how thoroughly worried I am for his character within Last Light...

10. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

Child anyone?

Maybe with a change we could give him a revolver and he'd shoot down people from our backs :D

11. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me the part where Artyom wanted to spare some ammo ( money) for one mother with a child so they could buy some food, but the mother thought that Artyom was a pedophile and asked more bullets for 1/2 hour with her child...That is just sick :tsk:

12. Jester

Jester Member

I loved Bourbon. What he lacked in marksmanship he made up for with witty remarks. Quite a personality.

13. amd955ben560

The way he said - "Look what we have here, a happy citizen!"

Lol the first time I played it I thought who the heck is he referring to.

14. amd955ben560

Thats from the book, and is sick -_-

But I think the part where artyom made it from the library to the other station really should have been put in the game :3

We missed how the russian streets would look, and more over that part where he'd shoot a bullet in the air to call the "demons" was so awesome.

15. dahksinol

Ben when did the shooting in the air happen? I don't really recall seeing that in both book and game, but I'm known for my memory gaps, so I might be wrong when I say, I never saw that...

BTW: Nice Saber avatar.

16. amd955ben560

This was the first image I edited with CS6 :D

When he was being chased by lurkers while making a run to the other station Melnik told him to goto from the library, well he did what he had to.

17. dahksinol

o_O, I can't seem to recall that. Dammit. Now I want to reinstall my M2033.

18. amd955ben560

Lol the shooting in the air for calling "demons" takes place in the game, you don't need to reinstall :p

But now even I'm doubting myself whether that happened at all 0_0

I never uninstalled M2033 :D
    Its lying on my hard drive ever since I swapped out to 1TB.

19. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure that part is in the novel. Artyom is being chased by watchers (not lurkers) and attempts to get some demons into the fray to ward off the advancing watchers. He just barely makes it to the station that Melnik told him to get to.

20. mrcanadian4

mrcanadian4 New Member

How about Sasha lol. At least he tells you where the enemies are.