Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Komodo Saurian, Jun 3, 2015.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Edit: :derp:Well this post is redundant:derp:. Komodo Saurian had posted the Full E3 Fallout 4 Presentation early on. I just never watched the entire thing and missed out on what the video, that I posted, is about. So basically this is an uncessary recap :eek:hwell:. Sorry, folks.
    -----------------------
    My initial post:
    There are quite a few videos, from the E3 convention, that demonstrate many of the things in Fallout 4. I haven't watched most of them because I'm afraid of spoilers. I just finished watching one that doesn't contain story spoilers. All that is exhibited is how one is able to interact with the world -such as by customizing weapons and building things. If you don't want to see any spoilers that demonstrate what can be made, then I don't recommend watching this video. You can skip to 4:28 to watch the construction/customization part.

Also, for the first minute of the video, there's an in-game pip-boy showcase that reveals a little bit on how the HUD, for the pop-boy, has been changed as well as some minor activities that can be done on the pip-boy (I'm not being very specific, am I?). After the first minute of the video and up to 4:28, the spoke person, for Fallout 4, reveals an additional fallout game for smartphones. Anyway, here's the entire video:

[YOUTUBE]g5H7Qq8quKg[/YOUTUBE]

#61 NuclearWastE3, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Fallout 4 will launch without mod support, but... who really cares? I don't understand why it's making headlines. I'm quite sure there was a similar situation with Skyrim and possibly other Bethesda titles too. It's reasonable that they're putting that stuff off for later so that the actual game is released in a reasonable state.

3. Skyrim had mod support from the get go, it just didn't have the official mod tools until much later. Nude patch was released pretty much instantly as far as I recall just like with the previous games in the series (Source, NSFW, mod created on the 12th of November, 2011, game released on the 11th of November, 2011).

As for Fallout 4, it is expected to get mod tools at a later date, as per tradition, and I do hope they just phrased it in a weird way. I fear that it could mean no mod support whatsoever until a later date + Xbox One gets mods from weeks to months earlier than PC.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

True, but that pretty much means no mod support. The entire idea of mod support is that the developer "supports" the modding in one way or another, most often by releasing a modkit, but if the game doesn't receive any official mod support then that doesn't mean it can't be modded. Simple texture or model swaps and such are not that hard to pull off in many games - they're "moddable" to some extent without "mod support". At least that's how I always understood it and I'm guessing that's what they meant. :p

#64 Bamul, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Which would be horribly impractical. What, would you have to build the mods on the PC, and then port them exclusively over to the Xbox to test them, for the first few weeks or months? That's just downright silly, I would be incredibly shocked if that was the case.

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

From what I understand of the mod situation, they're going to put it in but I think they said that mod support means fuck all if the game's shit so they want to put all the effort into the game then release the creation kit later on

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Might be a little late, but in case anyone of you are planning to pre-order or buy it once it gets out, I just wanted to share that CJ's CD-keys sell Fallout4 for Steam, 40% off :)

I can't say for sure if it's 100% reliable and safe, but I've bought two or three CD-keys there for steam before without running into any problems, and I've never heard any complaints about the site.

8. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone other than the official steam shop, but they have a decent track record with me. I got my Battlefield 3 key twice from them when I got banned for using SweetFX.

As for myself I probably won't be buying Fallout 4. The price on steam is a bit too steep for me, so I'll either wait for a sale or pirate it.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Apparently there's now speculations that there might be one or more underwater missions in Fallout4.

Also, anyone?
    [​IMG]

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

To be continued in DLC? :p

And that rig looks sweet, but I'm guessing the price tag is much more bitter.

I still haven't gotten Fallout 4... maybe I'll get it once it's cheaper or maybe not. It would be awesome if they'd just announce another Fallout title by Obsidian Entertainment but on the FO4 tech this time, that way I could skip Bethesda's game and (hopefully) play the better product. That way I wouldn't feel as bad about missing out on a major instalment in a series I like.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I haven't gotten Fallout 4 yet either. I'm saying "yet", but thinking "and never will".
    I do want it, but I have The Witcher 3 to finish, a lot of playime for me there. Then there's Battlefront 3 which I am more interested in than Fallout4 despite of EA and how bad it actually is, simply because I've played the previous BF games, and not the previous Fallout games. One thing is for sure: I won't be buying SW:BF3. As for Fallout 4... I won't have the time for it in the near future, and I'm not only playing less now than before, but gradually playing less and less. By the time I'm done with The Witcher and BF3, I probably won't be interested in Fallout 4 anymore, and will maybe even look at Fallout 5?

12. Potarto

...a game that's almost entirely online-only?

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I probably won't enjoy it as a Star Wars game, and I don't need to be a good online-shooter for me (which it wouldn't be anyway). All I want is to just play the Singleplayer so I will at least have played it. If my friend also does not buy it, he and I will hopefully be able to play it together at a LAN sometime.

14. Potarto

Well, I'm not seeing any torrents outside of BF II, so I feel like you may run into some issues. Also likely not many people downloading online-only game torrents, even if there are limited offline modes, which might require online registration/sign in.

Might just be taking time for a good crack to get out, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. :p

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, it's much harder to get functioning pirated versions of new multiplayer games now. Ironically, the first time I played Battlefront II years ago was actually a pirated version given to me by a friend. :lol: