Faction Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by The Gusten, Jul 16, 2013.

?

Which mission was your favorite?

1. Reich heavy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Red sniper

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Kshatriya

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  1. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

best part of the ranger mission was returning to base quite merrily, having found 5 relics and expectign a big wad of bullets coming my way when the door to the base malfunctions and to my fear I hear a mutie snarl behind me and find 6 of them lurking up on me.

Well, fuck.

2. Scribbles

Scribbles Member

oops, made a thread about this not noticing there was a sticky. Sorry, I'm new.

I noticed something funny when I was playing The Faction Pack DLC for Metro: Last Light.

As some as you might know, Metro: Last Light was developed in less than glamorous condition:
    >"...4A's staff sat on folding wedding chairs, literally elbow to elbow at card tables in what looks more like a packed grade school cafeteria than a development studio."
    >"When 4A needed another dev kit, or high-end PC, or whatever, someone from 4A had to fly to the States and sneak it back to the Ukraine in a backpack lest it be "seized" at the border by thieving customs officials..."
    >"Power outages are the norm for 4A. All developers have deadlines, but I know of few that had to bring in construction generators to be able to work the weekend before final submission because an extra day meant missing shelf dates by weeks."
    >"Montreal is cold, but when it gets cold in Kiev it's different. That's because the government provides all of the heating through a central coal burning facility that pipes hot water to homes and offices. Unfortunately, it breaks down reliably a few times a year for a week at a time. Then 4A works in their parkas and struggles to keep their fingers warm in temperatures well below freezing."
    from: gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-15-jason-rubin-metro-last-light-is-the-triumph-of-an-underdog

I was playing Kshatriya (the one when you play as the Polis scavenger) and was listening to the twins talking about the old station they were in. The stuff they were talking about was something like:
    >hey remember that old station?
    >yeah, and the folding chairs?
    >all the power outages?
    >remember when (some kooky Russian name) had to bring a generator from home?
    >yeah, that was awful. it was so cold!

I had a chuckle and just wanted to share it with you guys.

3. FrontierPsychiatrist

I considered the Reich mission to be fun. After beating the game 3 times on Ranger Hardcore and then going to play the Reich mission, I felt it was extremely enjoyable to just expend ammunition and mow down the opposition. It wasn't even a Metro-esq experience, true, but it was relaxing in some sense.

The Red Sniper Mission was great as well. I was amazed that the developers took into account bullet drop. It was relatively simple, but enjoyable at the same time.

Lastly, I have yet to play the Polis Ranger mission, but I hear it's great. I will update this post upon completing it.

4. Rivitur

Rivitur Member

Ranger mode Reich mission is impossible I couldn't get the grenade launcher back out to fight the tank it wasn't in my inventory even after picking it up I reloaded the mission so many times and the same thing kept happening until I gave up and beat it on normal. Also that shooting through the wall BS has to stop even the rockets can hit you...

5. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I completed the Reich mission on Ranger :whoo: (but it took some time...)

But the Reich mission really is boring and frustating and the chaos doesn't make it better.

The Sniper mission was also disappointing, way too easy and it ends when it finally gets interesting.

Luckily, the Ranger mission great until now and really gives me the creeps and a survival feeling, something I missed in Last Light. It's also a bit like Metroid :love:

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

funny thing I found was in the first section of the sewers, can't remember where, there is a skeleton with his head between his legs, now my dad had a letter for surviving a nuclear explosion when he was stationed in Germany and one of the orders was if you were in the open with no way of escape, the answer was to put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye, could that be a joke, I don't know

7. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

I thought overall the three missions were perfect. I enjoyed each of the missions in a different way; there was stealth, fun shooting and 'stalking' so it pretty much was perfect for me.

8. greenman19

greenman19 Member

Reich "mission" was awful, I can only assume it was made by one guy on his lunch break.

Red sniper was ok, unfinished though? (That ending, what the hell?)

Ranger was excellent, hoping for more DLC like this.

Worth the money? Not really, only one mission is good. Anyway, maybe they'll learn from this

9. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I didn't really enjoy the DLC much. I was hoping more would be out of the Reich soldier. It could have been better if you were just a normal soldier on the front lines pushing towards a station but you never moved more than 5 feet. The sniper mission was okay and the ranger one was great but I really really REALLY wanted to play a good Reich story.

10. CeeDaRula

CeeDaRula New Member

Question... do you have to finish the campaign to play the this DLC?? When I load the game (Xbox) I don't see a section to choose it.

11. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

go chapters and hit new missions

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I believe you have to hit X to switch between campaign and DLC missions.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

You have to go to chapters, then in the bottom there are two options that says what button to push to either play the selected mission, or select New Missions.
    On PC for example, it is:
    Play (ENTER)
    New Missions (Q)

--

Seeing this thread pop back up reminded me that I've forgotten to complete the Kshatriya mission! :O

14. TotalAaron

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how dare you!!!

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just completed it. Did it in a little over an hour, from start to finish. Although, I do miss four items that're on the list. But I CBA to go back and look for them..

16. TotalAaron

Respect re earned

17. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

To all of those saying Ranger mission it's actually stalker mission, stalkers go to the surface to bring artifacts of human culture to the metro, and on the wiki it clearly states it too, also Shaman says "Good luck, Stalker!"

18. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Also, the Reich mission happened during the of D6 when the Red Line attempted to take over the entire metro, The Reich fended them off pretty easily with only 3 soldiers, also the reason there were so many soldiers is because the Red Line has 15,000 Inhabitants(Like 7,000 are troops). I found it pretty good too because I understood the background of the DLC mission story

19. Vasili

Vasili New Member

Fuck, man. The best thing about this was the Kshatriya level. I loved the whole Polis section in the book, and the details about the mercs that were sent up for these old-world stuff. But I thought the Kshatriya were like, "the army" of Polis, and not the ones they sent up to gather stuff.

20. BrownyGaming

BrownyGaming Member

Worth getting?

Is this pack worth getting? What stuff has been added?