Quantcast

Fable 2 vs Fable 3

Discussion in 'Fable' started by SwordHungry, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

Which one was your favorite?

I know some people love and hate both games but I think it would be fun to see what people's opinions are on here of both games. Only post if you've played them both.

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard for me to pick, because I like the very first game the most. Now, I really like both Fable 2 and 3 so it's hard to pick just one. I had a lot of fun with both titles and they both kind of hold up on their own. Fable 3 had more to do and was just more fun at times, but fable 2 was were the story was. Fable 3's story isn't that great, not bad, but not great.

Morgan.

3. sushiking89

sushiking89 Active Member

For me it is very fun for the both games. Each series got their own fun and good.

4. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

I loved Fable 2 much more than Fable 3. The story was better, I felt much more of a connection to my character, and the plot was better. Fable 3 just fell short for me. I mean, it just didn't feel the same to me. The big threat, the thing that you need to deal with so that everyone doesn't die... well, I funded that just by owning all of the property in the world. Didn't even need tax, just have my tenants pay on time.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Personally the original Fable was the best in my opinion, but the second one was good as well, sadly I have never played the third one so I would know how good or bad it is, but maybe one day I will have time to buy the game and play it, but I have seen some let's plays on the game and from what I have seen I think the second one looks like it is more enjoyable to me, but I will have to play it for myself to make sure!

6. James

James Member

Fable 2 for me I feel it has the better edge than fable 3 it has better gameplay the graphics are awful and some of the features are bad but its just great to play like many games it feels as if its been over updated.

7. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x Member

I'd have to pick Fable 2. The storyline is so much better I find personally. I like the creativity to it more. I found myself addicted to Fable 2, when I had tried Fable 3 I was a bit bored to be honest. After an hour or so of playing Fable 3, I had shut it off and moved on to something else. Fable 2 though, is a different story. When I first tried it, I felt a connection to the characters a lot more, and found myself never wanting to shut it off! Both games do have their own greatness about them. But for me, I'd have to say Fable 2. It was just more fun overall.

8. Weasel

Weasel Member

I prefer 2 as well. Great story and just better in general. I got addicted to Fable 2 back when it was a new game, so I was waiting for Fable 3 very long time. Then it came and it was really "meh". I guess my expectations were too high, but I don't think it's a good game.

9. jcannon

jcannon Member

Fable 2 was far preferable in my eyes. The story was far more thrilling and entertaining, and while I LIKED Fable 3, the ending just spoiled the entire game for me. It was incredibly poorly done - like someone waved their hand and said, "Eh! Just finish it, whatever." and left.

10. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

Even though it had a very lackluster ending Fable 2 is hands down better in my opinion. Fable 3 I found to be boring. I didn't enjoy the storyline and as soon as you get to the end of the game the decisions and promises you made are boiled down to money.

11. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed both of them, but I really believe they do not compare to the first game. Everything was better in the first one. In Fable 3, magic was overrated and, why guns? I really liked the game without any guns in it. For me, it kinda' destroyed the game. Still, I finished the game and liked it, just not as much as the other 2 (especially the first one, did I mention? :D )

12. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

I liked Fable 1 and 2 much more than 3. Something about 3 threw me off and after a couple of times of trying to get into the game it just didn't work out for me.

13. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

This has been really interesting to read through. I've been on the fence about picking up Fable 3, but I'm surprised so many people have this much love for Fable 2. I'll definitely have to check it out.

14. fromtheground

fromtheground Member

I enjoyed both for different reasons. Fable 2 felt superior when it comes to plot and gameplay, while Fable 3 had an excellent voice cast, possibly the my favorite in a video game ever. Stephen Fry, Zoe Wanamaker, Nicholas Hoult, John Cleese, Jonathan Ross and so many other great Brits made the game amazing, if only to listen to them talking.

15. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I personally felt that all the Fable franchise had strong voice acting but I was never familiar with any of the British voice actors/actresses.

16. AnotherEmpty

AnotherEmpty Member

I've liked both equally well.

17. averycagle9595

averycagle9595 Active Member

Fable 2 is generally seen as the better game I believe, and I agree with the consensus.

18. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

Fable 2 had a better story but I think Fable 3 had more interesting things. Story is pretty important though so I'd say Fable 2.

19. rachael

rachael Active Member

I think we all agree that the first was the best. For me that first Fable was, infact, Fable: The Lost Chapters, which is really the better re-release of the original game :p
    But out of the two sequels, I would have to say overall 3 was my favourite there weren't as many things that annoyed me with 3, as there were in 2.
    And while I preferred Reaver in 2, as opposed to 3, the main reason I like 3 better is the fact that I can play as the female hero, and end the game still looking female! Where in Fable 2, if you played as the female, you would end the game looking like Shrek in the movie where he takes the potion to make him handsome.
    So all in all, Fable 3 is my favourite sequel. I just wished they had heaps more outfits.

20. SmallerMe

SmallerMe New Member

Right i definitely prefer the clothes and online with Fable 3 due to the fact that you could see each others clothes and I also loved the spell combinations!

However I did prefer the story of Fable 2 with the background and the revenge.