Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Jet Odessa, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Komodo, the truth is, I don't like football, but I'll watch the Europeans and World Cups, and the Olympics if they are on, but I don't watch Premier league or la liga. I'm a bit weird like that, but this is different, they represent Spain, and I'm very proud of being Spanish, and the spanish team are a bunch of really nice guys, you can't get nicer than Andres Iniesta, for example.

I know lots of players just do it for the money and ego, but the spanish squad does it for the country, and they have demonstrated they are a real team, with no ego battles or hissy fits. watching them play is like watching a group of friends kicking a ball around on a sunday in the park, imho.

#21 Jet Odessa, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  2. They are getting more money by playing ball than you or I ever will. Especially during the financial crisis you are currently having. Feast in time of plague much?

3. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Komodo, not all of them were Millionaires, have you seen C.Ronaldo's childhood's house?

Some have talent, that is appreciated.
    Some just try hard, that is appreciated too.

If you can do it well, you'll get millions.
    You won't get them, if only what you can is to pass a ball.

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I don't live in Spain, though here in England things are pretty hard as well, specially if you can't work due to ill health, like myself. what I mean is they are guys who deserve what they have, 'cause they work hard for it and they are excellent at ti as well. the stupid amount of money they get paid comes from upper tiers at the club, and if I were a footy player and someone wanted to pay a silly amount of money for my services, who am I to say no?

what I meant is that regardless of how much they are idolised by ppl, or how much money the have, or how famous they are, this guys are quite a nice bunch of ppl, quite normal as well, with no super egos getting on the way, either at club level or at national level.