Esports and LoL

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by clair02, Jun 21, 2017.

1. clair02

clair02 Active Member
    Regular

I was reading an article which left me a little confused. Can anyone explain to me what are eSports and how do they relate to League of Legends?

2. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

eSports are a relatively new gaming sports where you go and compete at the tournaments for some money, and it is streaming on YouTube and Twitch mostly. It is very popular and its popularity is increasing every day. Games that are most popular in eSports I think are LoL, Dota 2, SMITE, Star Craft, and others. So imagine that like sports, in gaming. Kinda absurd but, it's a thing obviously.

3. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just saw DoTA 2, League of Legends, StarCraft, WarCraft, and CounterStrike being played and considered as Esports then and now. I saw a lot of international teams competing against each other for a ton of cash prices. Way back 2006 I just saw some on TV, mostly CS, WarCraft and StarCraft. But now it's more on League and DoTA 2. This Esports thing inspired a lot of kids to make their own channels on Twitch and YouTube to earn money on the side and hoping they get invited by Pro Teams.