Escape from Tarkov

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Komodo Saurian, Nov 8, 2015.

1. [YOUTUBE]8R5t3a2jT4A[/YOUTUBE]

A multiplayer plot driven game set in a post-soviet city surrounded by peacekeeping forces and depicting a war between several PMCs.

[YOUTUBE]a70_QmnjhCU[/YOUTUBE]

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Makes sense.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I don't know what to say :noidea:

4. [YOUTUBE]a70_QmnjhCU[/YOUTUBE]

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looks aight, I guess - it might actually scratch that stalker itch... only it's hard for me to be excited about these "atmospheric" FPS games from Eastern Europe after being so disappointed by Survarium, on top of that there are so many damn scammers out there. To this dev's credit though, I gotta say they have more to show than VG does after years spent on developing their own product. Like I said, it looks aight, but I'm not getting too excited about it.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Looks like a russianized version of Insurgency (Not Counter-strike because.. well, because CS is just way too bad to compare with... well, with anything) with more focus on atmosphere rather than gameplay, and some COD-ified weapon editing.

At least, that's what I can make out of the two trailers. Who knows, it might be better than what I expect, but remember that this is coming from me, of all people. I'm the one who usually goes "ERR MAH GERD IT LOOKS SO AWESOME, LET'S BUY IT!!!" :p

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Yesssss!!! More russian-based games. I think it looks cool, however, I'm not much into multiplayer games since they kill the atmosphere and story for me. Things tend to get less serious when you're playing with someone else and you don't get the same sense of accomplishment compared to going, at it, alone.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Right, Jimbo posted a new thread today about the same game. I fucked up and instead of moving it, I merged it with a new post by me. Sorry about that, though I will fix the youtube links while I'm at it. Original post by Commissar_Jimbo below:

So- recently my friend showed me this game named 'Escape from Tarkov', its a MMO type survival game based more around Military-V-Military rather then Survivor-V-Survivor.
    Not alot has been released other then a trailer and two gameplay-based teasers (Which I will link).

It looks to be emulating S.T.A.L.K.E.R whilst adding a multiplayer spin- something I am not against.

This video shows off the looting:
    [YOUTUBE]gZiP5kjUii8[/YOUTUBE]

This one shows off the shooting:
    [YOUTUBE]a70_QmnjhCU[/YOUTUBE]

And this one is just the trailer:
    [YOUTUBE]IPlnHe9l34E[/YOUTUBE]

From what I can tell it seems to be NATO Peacekeeping agents VS Russian Separatists Militia (Black Bears), but that is all a hunch...
    What do you lot' think?
    Also- you can sign up for beta participation here: http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Did abit of digging and found out that the same developers making this game are also helping on this project aswell:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=russian&id=378327686

#8 Bamul, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  9. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]37jhlb3QsxM[/YOUTUBE]

#9 Commissar_Jimbo, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Fixed your embedded video again. Remember it's just the YT tag and everything that comes after the "=" in the link, no need for the rest of it or the URL tag. Also, in the first part of your video the audio of the game's footage is too loud, whilst both of yous are too quiet. Then at the end, in the last clip, it's very hard to hear your friend. Other than that it is an alright video, I left a like.

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

This is a reskin of an old game which has the same assets, music called Russia 2028. The video was pre-alpha published in 2012. I believe that Escape from Tarkov will be using Unity not Cry Engine hence why the "reskin" trailers look pretty with asset dumps.

[YOUTUBE]MyqGUXgxMu4[/YOUTUBE]

The same devs then made a pre-equal to Russia 2028 called Contact Wars

[YOUTUBE]L0Ti4z1qBdk[/YOUTUBE]

So this leaves open some questions, what happened in 3 years? Is this a reskin/rebrand of 2028?

I don't like that they already have a preorder page which smells of incentives that you'd normally find in an Early Access game. With an unknown developer entering the Western Market it's not the right move as people will be cynical and generally apprehensive parting with their money. Make Alpha limited and an open beta and let us all try the game without locking it behind a preorder paywall.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Any news on what's happening with this game?