Endings spoiler thread

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Professor Pew, May 12, 2013.

1. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Like Metro 2033, there are different endings.

I was wondering if anyone wants to know what to do to get
    the "good" ending
    . I don't have a specific list of things from 4A Games, but did manage to get some insights through playthroughs.

I'm willing to share some info in case you are worried you have messed things up in a chapter, or if you just want to know what to look out for when you start your first playthrough, but only if people actually want that. Spoiler reasons, of course.

2. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Pew, Pew, Barley, Macgrew...! Sssshhhh! No! Just NO..!

3. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

The Karma or moral system should be easy to figure out. There was a huge FAQ on AU IGN and one on the Wiki too for Metro 2033 should anyone need to figure out how it works generally. I'd imagine it would have the same principal in LL. But I'll find out on Friday if I ever get my Key.

I guess it would be good to start mentioning ones found in Metro LL (using spoilers) during the missions and collating them for the Wiki. Dividing them into how you "loose" or "gain" them will be helpful.

http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, for fear of spoilers, I'd rather not read how to get this. However, it would be useful if you could tell us whether the system is similar to M2033. From there I could try to get it myself, as long as I know if I have to be more careful and observant than I was in M2033, less or the same. :)

5. Professor Pew

It's similar to Metro 2033.

My lips will be sealed and I will leave it to the community to figure out how and when you need to do what :)

6. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I remember Mass Effect 3 was ruined for me because of me going on the internet and hearing about the horrible ending and from the looks of things that isn't going to be the same thing with Metro: Last Light.

7. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

Pew instead of writing what you need to do here, why don't you send PMs?

8. Professor Pew

Sure, if anyone wants to know anything, send me a PM :)

I'm only offering to those kind of people who really want to know in advance to get things like all the achievements in 2 runs. You'll still need 2 runs :p

9. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

And miss out on exploring in the 3rd, 4th and 5th run? hell no!:)

10. You could help the Wikia out with that by working on articles :)

11. NukemDukem

NukemDukem Active Member

this is only for 2033 right?

12. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

So this is a question about the ending of the first and LL, don't click if you haven't played (or click at your own risk)

I got the dning where D6 blows up and I'm trying to get to the alternate. I heard from 3 people that you needed to get the alternate ending from the first (by playing morally "good") to get the alternate ending in LL (by being morally "good" as well). 2 people I spoke with said you just needed to be morally good in LL to get it.

Just wanted to ask some pros before I played through 2033 again so soon (finished it my third time just last week).

Also, I can't loot any corpses?:tsk:

13. Professor Pew

Random text to prevent spoiler tag from showing up on email notifications 1
    Random text to prevent spoiler tag from showing up on email notifications 2
    Random text to prevent spoiler tag from showing up on email notifications 3

Start of spoiler tag text:

No, you can get it the first time around. You just have to play like you would in Metro 2033: don't kill if you can help it, explore, interact with NPCs. And you can loot corpses. There is just no feedback on it in RHC.

14. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

Have my bullets, good sir.

15. Explodotron

Explodotron Member

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I just finished the game and got the "C'est la vie" ending, even though I was going for "Redemption." I was good to everyone, avoided killing in scripted sequences (Pavel, Lesnitski), listened to conversations and all that. The only thing I did not do was go for a no-kill run.

Is the fact that I was a silent avenger of the Metro and my enemies whispered my name in fear the reason the Dark Ones left (so to speak)? I played 2033 the same way and was able to receive the "Enlightened" ending, so I'm not sure if I missed something in LL or if a mercy run is important.

16. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

And what about momma bear? did ya save her? and the demon mother? and all the visions on the surface

17. Professor Pew

18. Explodotron

Explodotron Member

I saved momma bear (even got a cheevo for it). As for the demon mother, I didn't even see her. So I don't know if that counts for or against. And I saw 3 or 4 visions in Dead City, but I guess not all of them as *that* cheevo did not pop.

I'm not going to complain though, as it gives me another reason to replay the game. I'm thinking of at least two more... a straight no-kill super good guy run and a run that plays with the new weapons, but still being a nice guy.

Thank you for the quick reply. I was just going to PM Prof Pew, but I didn't have enough posts to do so. And thanks for the link, as well. It looks like its been updated since I last looked.

EDIT:
    Oh, and the weird thing was that the little one told me that I was a good person while we took the train to D6, but he didn't come back. Shrug

#18 Explodotron, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  19. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

I went about it the same way I did for Metro 2033 and got the good ending.

Saved the momma bear, didn't kill "Bitch" mother, explored, didn't kill Pavel, took off my gasmask when that guy told me to, listened in on conversations in the metro stations and enemies (before killing enemies).

20. didymos

didymos Well-Known Member

They seem to have accidentally flipped the lines around, because if you're on track for the good ending, all he says is that he'll ask his pals to help.