End Of The World - Metro Cosplay

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hey-o! In Norway there's a famous place that is actually called "World's end", because in old days it was believed, by the Nords, that it was the end of the world because it is a southern coastal area where you can see to the end of the horizon. There was, a couple weeks ago, some Northern-light there (rare and beautiful wavy colors in the sky, you often see it in Skyrim).

Anyway, only a couple kilometers from shore, there's some old facilities from the second world war there. They were abandoned after the cold war, and sealed. Except one, which remains open for anyone to enter. My friend and I gathered our Metro Cosplay equipment, two great cameras, and went ahead there to capture some shots. It's not very professional (more like really amateur), but I find it very interesting. It's a small mountain with an old bunker inside, which leads up to a massive cannon on top. It's 100% dark so you can't see anything unless you have some light, it's creepy and atmospheric - just the kind of place we'd been looking for for our cosplay. The snow outside really gives the place that specific Metro/Surface feeling.

Just a couple Stalkers out on a scavenging and exploring trip. That orange squared thing my friend finds in that red box in the video, is actually a real russian medkit against radioactivity and other hazards. As the metro-universe is set in the apocalypse, and considering what this place is called IRL, I decided that the title "End Of The World" was very fitting. Enjoy! :)

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/SkaaraDreads/library/Metro - End Of The World?sort=3&page=1

There's two pages. The video is on the bottom of the second page. We didn't do much posing for the photos, we just snapped around here and there. And the russian words now and then were just for fun :D Also, you know that telephone Artyom picks up in the game when Khan says "I believe that is for you" ? Behold:
    [​IMG]

Also, that last recording where I'm pointing at a building in the far distance - That is a communications station. We wanted to go there, but it was getting dark and we were getting tired, and I'd been told that it wasn't possible to enter it. In addition, it is owned by private people.

#1 Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Fixed the link.

Close enough.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Wow, dude, that is neat! All that hardware and awesome gauges on the cannon. Kick-ass stuff. Really nice shots. My favorites were of the ones where you're walking up some steps, in this tunnel. It just looks so cool. Also, the one where you friend (Artyom) is standing in front of, of what looks like the entrance/exit of the place, and it's dark outside. Alsoooooo, the pictures, on the surface, where the cannon is located: those shots remind me of Ostankino Tower. :thumb:

And the video was awesome! Great seeing everything from first person perspective and I liked being able to see the ironsights from the gun. It's also nice to be able to see something like that still standing and that is hasn't been vandalized for all its parts/equipment -like the telephone or the electrical components inside the box you guys opened up in the cannon room. Oh...and, uh...."Med-kit!" :)

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This is fantastic, really nice work! You could film a whole fan flick there if you wanted to - the location, weather and your cosplays are perfect for it. I've found some ruins across the river where I live too, but it's no bunker and much smaller, plus there's no snow. :eek:hwell:

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

:laugh:

Who knows, maybe you'll find some place sometime ;)

Thanks for all the compliments, and thanks for fixing the link. It was a joy :D

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I decided to play the main song from the movie, The Thing, and saw that it goes pretty well with your video. If I was ever going to make a metro themed fan movie, I would use this song for the opening ( I won't tell you how it would start though, as I don't want to reveal my awesome secret for an opening :p).

First, start the song then press play on the metro film (try to do it within three seconds and I think it's better if you let both the song and video load a bit first, to make it work how it should, then pause them both, set them back to the beginning, and then continue with the directions mentioned before). Also, make sure to mute the metro video (at least, that's how I did it). The song and video go quite well, together, up to around 1:45.
    [YOUTUBE]EnFc7D0ZoCc[/YOUTUBE]

#6 NuclearWastE3, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  7. Skaara Dreadlocks

It did give a really "Something's happening"-feeling at the start, but it never got any more tense, so it was kind of dull. But still, it fit pretty well indeed :D