Dynamic Weather

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by kingcool52, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I read an article recently that said dynamic weather would be coming to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in a future update. Now, the dynamic weather would be a pretty cool addition that would make this game even better. It will create some very difficult scenarios especially if they introduce fog because that would make a lot of games very interesting. Imagine not being able to see much in front of you. It would make the game a lot more difficult. What do you guys think? Do you like the idea of dynamic weather in the game?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a bit torn about this. On one hand dynamic weather would be pretty cool, it would make the game much more realistic. On the other hand though, the game would suffer from even more RNG than it does currently and I'm sure many people are going to be pissed about that.

3. kingcool52

Regular

What do you mean by RNG by the way? I'm sorry, I don't think I'm too familiar with that abbreviation, to be honest. I searched it up on Google ("What does RNG mean in gaming?") but all it came up with was random number generator. Like you said, it would be a pretty cool addition. It would make the game much more realistic but I guess I could see people being pissed about the fact that a different weather just comes out of nowhere.

4. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Even though i agree with you on the fact that it will make the game far more interesting and appealing it has it's downsides.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's exactly what it means, I'm refering to dynamic weather adding more randomness to the game that I'm sure many people are going to be pissed about. They need to figure out a way to make it on a schedule somehow so players aren't taken by surprise.

6. kingcool52

Regular

Oh alright. The number generator bit confused me for a bit :D. Yeah, I guess. But I guess maybe having a totally different game mode with dynamic weather setup would make it a good addition. That way, people that aren't interested in it could avoid it whilst others who are ready for a good challenge can try it out. The randomness makes the game a lot more challenging because you just don't know when it will appear.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That would definitely be more convenient and productive if the players were to be notified early on.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am usually one to be on the side of randomness and all of that, but I agree here and think that the warning are a good idea, but either way I guess I would just deal with it.

9. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

It definitely adds more fun into the game. The more dynamic and unpredictable things are the more fun it can be while playing. Weather was ignored in the past plenty of times. But based on the new changes. It seems like good modifications are being done these days.

10. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

The developers of this game are making new updates to make this game more effective and even better.The addition of dynamic weather would definitely make this game more interesting.The regular player of this game will definitely enjoy this game.Everyone will really enjoy this game with more fun.

11. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

If that was the case then it would be very interesting indeed.

12. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

Add rain or storm weather. That should make it harder to get sniped. Hope it's realistic, though.

13. overcast

Regular

Rain is going to be there for sure. But not sure about storm weather and other conditions. I guess they need to add campaign mode for that to work. Most likely it'd be reasonable to see dynamic weather with odd changes in surrounding.

14. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

According to the FAQ there will never be dynamic weather because "the matches only last 30 minutes so it doesn't make sense". Which sounds suspiciously like "We can't be bothered making that." Why does weather changing not make sense exactly?

15. overcast

Regular

If you watch recent developer summit videos. You'd find a lot new changes are coming to the game. And it seems like they may add some random enemies which are offensive to all sides. And it can add more fun. But not sure apart from weather and stuff what features may get added. It surely takes time from where I see it.

16. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't mind dynamic weather, assuming it doesn't affect performance that much. The game is unoptimized as is.

17. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dynamic weather can make the game more fun

18. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Meh. It can make it prettier, that's about it.

19. overcast

Regular

I think to some extent it is helping and also makes things random. But apart from that it's not much fun. It's just randomness. It kind of gets boring. So not sure how people see it.

20. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know when they exactly removed the random fog and rain feature but it's gone right now. I hope they bring it back and I also hope they add a night mode to spice things up. This would make players change their playstyle according to the map and it would make it more exciting. :)