Dungeons & Dragons (The Movie)

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

In the 2000s was released (at the teathers) a movie based on the game. Have you ever watched? What is your opinion about it?

I didn't like it (not at all o_O) and I think the screenwriters could have done something much more decent with the story. It's was pretty bad overall. :(

2. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

I haven't seen it, but I can imagine that I wouldn't like it. It is pretty hard to create a movie based on something that varies from player to player. Almost impossible, and there would always be someone that would not like it even if it was generic to the max. So if I were them, I would never even try to make a D&D movie, it's a really tricky move.

3. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Yes, it's very complicated and the approach the screenwriters chose to follow to segment the whole script (and consequently the whole movie) was completely wrong.

It was a complete disappointment, at least for me. :(

4. Tiile23

Tiile23 Member
    Regular

My greatest concern about the Dungeons and Dragons movie was that it may rekindle another spate of blind attacks against its namesake and RPGs in general.A research into the crimes and suicides supposedly motivated by D&D, states that 99% of any rumors you may have heard are misinformation, exaggeration or outright fiction. The other 1% comes from the fact that any demographic group is bound to include some people that are mentally unbalanced I bring this up only to make the point that the movie’s connection to the game should not be counted as a strike against it :D!!

5. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This might be a little much for me. I enjoy the series and the game but it is also something I need to be involved in, whereas a movie, I might not be a big fan there.

6. Shine_Spirit

Regular

You really are not missing out on anything because the movie is really horrible in every way. I don't understand how such a bad script could have been turned into a movie. o_O

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I am kind of glad for the reassurance, and it is what I have come to expect from movies like this. It seems like people just want to get one out there, where if they just took time and developed it, it might actually have a chance at being good.

8. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

OMG! Don't even get me started on DnD the movie. If there was an award for the trainwreck of the century, then this movie would win hands down.

9. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not even going to lie, Dungeons and Dragons the movie sucked ass!

10. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love Dungeons & Dragons as a game,thereisno doubt about that. On the other hand, DnD as a movie was the worst thing that I have ever watched.

11. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

Trying to justify Dungeons & Dragons (The Movie) is just sacrilegious, so I'm not even going to try. This was definitely a massive fail at least according to me.