Does anyone play this game anymore?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by lana, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I haven't but looking at screenshots it looks cool.
    Can you tell me about it? It revolves around monster-hunting?

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's pretty much it. If you enjoyed playing Monster Hunter, you will really love this game. The monsters are really amazing and the combat is good enough to hold anyone's interest.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I used to play it sometimes I never really did get to much into the game just because I always found myself playing other games instead even though if I remember correctly the game was quite good it's just their are better games in my opinion.

4. CaptainWoodzy

CaptainWoodzy Member

I was ridiculously active for an extended period of time but real life obligations made me have to decide which games to keep playing and which games to ditch. Unfortunately, this one got the ax.

5. Krow

Krow New Member

It depends on the time you logged in. I can' t say I have the same experience because I don't. I normally see it as packed as it was sometime ago. Which server do you play on?

When I logged in at night. Lets say 10:00 pm area, then I barely see anyone. But on saturday afternoon? It is packed!

6. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play it off and on right now, I am currently waiting for the Ranger class to be released, so I am not really leveling as hard as I was on the main character I made a month ago. Since I originally wanted to play a Ranger from the start.

7. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

Have they said when the Ranger is coming out or whether it's going to be frre to play or a bought class?

8. xarziv

xarziv Member

I have not played it yet but I just looked at a few trailers online. This game looks really good

9. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I've heard it's really good but I've also heard that the Monitization is really holding the game back from being fun. I've heard that there are alot of items that will give an unfair advantage in PVP. Otherwise I'd consider playing.

10. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon Member

As far as I've seen, Neverwinter has a considerable number of people who play to this day. I personally enjoy messing around and jumping between characters for around an hour a day or so. My guild is constantly growing and I see new people joining just about every day. They have tons of neat holiday treats and are constantly adding new content and patching anything that needs to be fixed.

11. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? After all of the recent updates such as the new class addition and the new module this game has my complete focus! Go check out some of the new content in the dread-ring with the new vallindra-focused theme!

12. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ok, folks. Only just a month ago I saw a video of this game. (I was a huge fan of NWN and NWN2)... Only recently I started to play NWN(1) again... only found out its master servers are down and 0 servers are listed under internet games. I guess I am really way behind the latest news.

So correct me if I am wrong. Neverwinter Nights online has been out for months?
    I'd definitely give it a go lol.
    For those who have played it, is it based on the same D&D rules the earlier NWN games used for character building/leveling/fighting?

13. Azelma

Azelma Member

I've never had much contact with the D&D -universe, but my boyfriend recently suggested that we start playing the Neverwinter MMO together and I'm completely sucked into it :D One of the most amazing things about it is the Gateway, with which you can access a lot of the game's features, like crafting and the auction house (the latter doesn't properly load for me, however). There's also a really cool dice game you can play there and earn money and items.

The world itself seems quite populated by players and the queues for instances are usually quite short. If you haven't tried it, I recommend you do. The main problem I have with the game is that there seems to be so much stuff to do that I just run out of time and forget to do things :D

14. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Picked this one up again with a few friends. still pretty populated. the ranger class is out, and its free. which is great. I haven't got around to playing one yet. Still a great game, more so if you can get a few friends to group up with you.

15. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am a big fan of the original NWN and I totally forgot that this one came out. I will be trying it out when I get my next paycheck.

16. Azelma

Azelma Member

Yeah, the queues for dungeons can take ages. Skirmishes fill up much faster. I missed all of the low level dungeons on my rogue because I was leveling too fast :D Kinda funny how the official instances don't scale like the Foundry quests (player-created quests and instances).

17. dgmccg

dgmccg New Member

How is the foundry these days? Have the quality of maps improved? Are people playing more of the foundry content or not? It's been a while since I played and I'm looking to jump back in.

18. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I still play it every now and then when I have some free time, well that is until last week when my laptop decided to spontaneously combust, hehe I will be playing it more when I get my new machine, as I have always been a big fan of the Neverwinter series.

19. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have my Rogue on ice waiting for me to pick her up again. Played this game extensively but then I got Guild Wars 2 for my birthday and was busy playing that a lot. :D

20. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I find it harder and harder to play everyday, I used to sign on and play at least half an hour everyday butfind myself logging in at least once every week now.