Does anyone play this game anymore?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by lana, Aug 5, 2013.

1. lana

lana Member

I stopped actively playing a little bit over 4 weeks ago. I still log on every day to pray with each of my toons (gotta get them coalescent wards). Ive been recently noticing that the prayer npc and area while normally packed with people has as of late barely had 10 or 12 people hanging about.
    I remember when the prayer area had so many people at it that simply moving a step in any direction would cause some other characters to ghost phase in. The games engine simply couldnt render the number of players packing that area at any given time.
    Now ...... its like a ghost town every time I log in.
    Whats the deal? Everyone moved on to the next thing or what?

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

MMORPG's often have dips in activity and player sometimes. Because a lot of them are free, people are constantly changing and trying new games. It's a shame actually when decent games drop in activity.

3. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

There seems to be a boom in online gaming at the moment so people have so much more choice. I reckon it will boil down to what games display and perform best on smartphones in the future which is a shame for those of us who like the grander graphics of PC gaming.

4. Mark

Mark Member

I dropped to play this one too.

5. Thordar

Thordar Active Member

6. nimrodel

nimrodel Member

7. Eltharion

Eltharion Member

I totally forgot about Neverwinter, it was a pretty good game and I honestly liked the game mechanics. Anyone up to trying to play again soon?

8. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I played for about a month or so when it released, but then I stopped and about last week I stopped even logging into the site to do the crafting altogether.
    It's not that I won't ever play anymore, I just don't have much time at the moment and have been busy beating Dragon Age: Origins again :)

9. Jonrpatrick

Jonrpatrick Member

Absolutely, but I see my interest fading in the very near future. I'm on my 3rd toon (my first had a glitch and I couldn't turn in or get more missions, so abandoned him).
    I'm not typically a mmorpg person, and I don't play much. I love Battlefield 3, but discovered GW2 and then Neverwinter and I've been hooked since. However, going through the same dungeons and missions just with a different character is getting a bit old. And, let's face it, pvp just can't hold your interest long-term.
    But for now, I'm addicted. ;)

10. ririme

ririme Member

I stopped playing a while ago mainly because I get bored with the game . Personally I don't like you stuck doing the same exact dungeon and Skirmish for as long as 5 levels before you get a new one? The timer to get the extra bonus is a great idea though. was loving it.

11. Oakster

The game has some great ideas, those timers are absolutely the best one, another is the remote crafting (so much crafting I did while at work :) )
    But it really suffers from being unimaginative in its quests and the lack of side activities.

12. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I played it for a little bit I liked the story behind the game even though I couldn't follow it completely, but I did like the fact that the game seemed to be more single player based at least at the lower levels I never did get to a high level.

13. Flaxtick

Flaxtick Member

You I was discussing about this game with a friend who wasn't a big fan of the game. I last played this game like 4 years back, but lemme tell you; this game still is one of the best RPGs made. If only they release a sequel soon...

14. Rivere

Rivere Member

Basically every MMO is dropping in playerbase examples include LoL well I don't know it seems to be but it may not, Runescape, Maplestory, Rift, WoW and many others no game can run forever sadly.

15. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

There isn't much to do in Neverwinter after a certain level. There is no incentive to keep playing the same generic game essentially. People like me have moved n a ling time ago. There are so many better alternatives.

16. Oakster

Whats a better free alternative nowadays?
    Star Wars and Rift? I'm looking for something new :)

17. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a good MMORPG, try Neverwinter. I got bored of it real quick though. You can also play Age of Conan.

18. Oakster

I tried Neverwinter, the exact same thing happened to me, it has some cool features like the bonus activity each hour and remote crafting, but I got bored of it, they need more dungeons, I think that was the main problem.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think most MMos have had their player based reduced over the past couple of months because people are returning to work and school. June to September are usually the peak months.

20. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Yeah, they need more content for sure. Have you played Raiderz yet? It's another MMORPG with similar action-oriented combat? There is not much else besides that though.