Does anyone play or have interest in the Lord of the Rings games?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by dieselfit, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Usamaars888

Usamaars888 Member
    Regular

I play lotro pretty regularly and it's a great game. You might have to invest a little bit of money to get the full experience of the game though. There is plenty of good content for free and if you play enough you'll be able to get some of the content for free from the lotro store using turbine points you can earn in game. The community of this game is great, there's plenty of people actively playing it and people are usually very kind to each other in the world chat. It also has the best story out of any mmo I've played, and if you love the world of the lord of the rings you'll love lotro.

2. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I've been playing the newer one, Middle Earth : Shadows of Mordor. I like the combat, and the feeling of dominance I get when I play the game.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Shadows of Mordor was a solid game - I especially liked how the world felt alive and stuff was going down between the different factions. Unfortunately I played the Xbox 360 version, which is considered the "lite" version since a lot of the cool stuff was stripped away vs. the X1/PS4.

4. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't played a lord of the rings game in ages. It was on the gamecube but I can not remember the name of it. I wasn't too into the games though.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Shadow of Mordor is ok I guess, but it gets pretty repetitive rather quickly. Honestly, I want something like Skyrim, in LOTR universe. Funnily enough, there was actually a big Skyrim LOTR mod in the works several years ago but the modders received the C&D letter, so they had to stop working on it. It's a shame, that would have been far better than anything WB and Monolith can come up with.

6. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I downloaded it once but unfortunately uninstalled it too. I like the game when it terms of graphics and characters maybe. I really love the movie itself but I can't say i could love the game version too. I think they can do better with the game.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is one that never really translated much for me in the games. I liked the story and movies but that is about it.

8. Sweeriebanana

Sweeriebanana Active Member
    Regular

The forum is so dead. I haven't played Lord of the Rings yet but it does sound captivating enough. Can I play it online? I am at work and I have internet maybe I could download it or stream live it.