Do you workout?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Nov 18, 2015.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

As gamers we get a bad reputation with regards to healthy lifestyles. I for one refuse to eat junkfood and drink soda anymore because of the massive sugar and carb content that's increasingly making me larger as I snack in front of the computer or TV. I jog three times a week when I can so that when I get home I reward myself with playing games. Do you workout?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not a gym addict but I tend to workout regularly. I love being healthy and looking fit, it makes me feel better about myself. I also feel a lot better mentally.

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I workout. I'm not a fat kid like my avatar. I try to get in a few workouts a week at least, but I don't do daily workouts even though I know I should.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've started getting serious with my workout during the summer and while I have a bad habit of putting off days (especially when I get sick or stressed), I try at to work out for ten minutes a day at the least. I'm hoping to get some equipment so I can properly motivate myself better.

5. Deonte3

Deonte3 New Member

Yeah I regularly do exercise in gym. For instant energy boosting I take Green supplements too. You know these supplements are 100% natural and safe for everyone health.

6. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member
    Regular

I go to the gym daily. I tend to turn to food for comfort, so lord knows a visit to the gym each morning is the least I can do.

7. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I need to start working out daily. It's more of a once every two week type of deal now. I used to go all the time. I think that's my pre New Year's resolution now.

8. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I go to the gym occasionally when I have time. Previously I exercised three times a week with a duration of 1,5 hours although I don't have anymore time for it since I started studying and I am working besides so nowadays it is like two times a month.

9. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

I mostly just jog at night with pushups and sit-ups a home. But I do need to step it up a bit since I've noticed that I've been tacking on the pounds recently.

10. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

I have tried going to the gym but I find it too crowded for my liking. I tend to workout at least twice per week by doing solitary activities like jogging and swimming. I need to bulk up though because I'm pretty scrawny and underweight.

11. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never did well in a gym setting. Walking a ton works for me with some sit ups/push ups, ect for toning. I'm lucky that I don't have the tastebuds for sweet stuff, so going without sugar's not an issue for me.

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hells to the yeah, I've been working out nonstop for the past year and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. It's just feel so good to know you're healthy and in good conditioning. Plus, you get more attention from the opposite sex and that's always good for your mental health.

13. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Usually yes, some stuff at home with dumbells, lunges, push ups, situps, etc etc etc. Never been a fan of gyms, to be honest. I just don't understand the appeal.

14. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not an avid gym frequenter, but I like myself some regular jogging and weight lifting.

15. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't work out in public, but I do try to get a workout in occasionally. I need to blow up my exercise ball again. I used to use it as my desk chair, it really helps you engage muscle groups, while playing!

16. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like walking in the afternoon. Just an hour or two of walk in my neighbourhood. I personally do brisk walking, which is very low impact but effectively speeds up the heart rate.

Then sometimes I do yoga or pilates. There are tons of videos on YouTube on how to do them. They can really make you sweat as well. Plus, they're good for flexibility and core strength.

17. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to do alot of running. I regularly participate in any 5k marathons that are held here. They are usually done for fundraising such as breast cancers etc. I feel great knowing that I participate in helping such cases. I also have a bicycle I make regular use of.

18. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

I used to walk for 30 to 45 minutes. I know it is good for me as heart disease runs in the family. I haven't walked in a while. Now, I feel guilty.

19. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Running has some cardio-vascular benefits, but it isn't necessarily so great for the body otherwise. Cycling and swimming are better choices.

20. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not as much as I probably should, the closest thing I have done to working out would be a simply walk or playing a couple of sports for fun now and again.