Do you workout?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

Yes I workout, just not as much as I would like. I roller blade about 2 times a week. I need to double that amount.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really work out but when I'm coming home from school, I walk. It's not that far and it's about 40-60 minutes to get home from school. And also I eat healthy vegetables and fruits to get a proper diet.

3. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

Not as much as I would like to, I'm afraid. I honestly have to lose weight and excrise more often...Hmm, maybe an incentive is what I need. Perhaps so much time to game depending on how long I work out? Or do a set of reps? That'll work, right? :D

4. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I think working out or some type of physical activity is very important. Also it gives you an endorphin rush. So after you do it regularly for a couple of months, you will not feel good if you DON'T exercise.

5. wulfman

I have recently started to do some light jogging as I have started to get tired very easily. I work a desk job and get absolutely no physical activity.

6. wulfman

I am thinking of buying some type of weight bench. I am not looking to get big but simply to get stronger.

7. wulfman

Unfortunately even a small bench takes up a decent amount of space with the free weights and all. And I just don't have the room.

8. wulfman

I could join a gym but I doubt I commit if I do join.

9. downsouth

downsouth Member

I am a member at my local gym and try to go there a couple of times a week after work either for some swimming or aerobic exercise.

10. wahmed

wahmed Member

I used to. Daily for 2 hours without fail. My gym was 24 hours so I'd go whatever time but I had to. Ever since I've had my daughter that's gone down the drain.

11. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I haven't really gone to the gym in a while. I might consider going again, but I don't really have a good routine to follow. My knowledge of weight lifting isn't very great.

12. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

My mother and I have had a gym membership for a month and we have been working out every single day. I had ACL Reconstruction surgery in November, and it is a must for me to build the strength back in my leg since I was released from physical therapy in April. Without anyone guiding me in the right direction, I turned to a gym that I could do similar workouts to the ones I did at PT, but also experiment without hurting myself.

Working out gives me more energy and helps me fall asleep easier at night. Not only that, but I am slowly losing weight and feeling better about myself.

13. Natalie89

Natalie89 Member

I run and do a little weight work. I got crazy heavy when I was pregnant (put on 3 stone!) and it's taken me 3 years to get back to my pre-baby weight thanks to health complications with my gall bladder and a dislocated hip last autumn (I'm 25 would you believe!?).

I find that working out just makes me feel better all around; it improves my concentration, gives me more energy and I definitely sleep better at night. The pluses far outweigh any reason I could give not to work out, so I fit it in as much as I can.

I'm having trouble toning my arms effectively though, so if anybody has any tips that'd be awesome. I don't want to get ripped by any stretch of the imagination, would just like my arms to look more slender and less flappy!

14. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I work out 5 days a week, I rest on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I do aerobics by continuous jumping for an hour and do pushups regularly.

15. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I workout everyday for about an hour. I do it in the afternoon and I usually start off with 15 mins of running, jumping jacks and light cardio. I weightlift some dumb bells afterwards then proceed with hard cardio. If you do it everyday for an hour then you'll definitely see results within a month.

16. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I stopped working out since a quite some time now and I don't think I will begin that again because it's a really time consuming but healthy too but unfortunately the time is precious and I can't go there a lot.

17. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yea I do, basketball and some gym work. I haven't been doing that much this summer but when school starts back up ill get back into the grind I think.

18. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh yes I do work out but not often. I do jogging, voluntary trekking for some distance, play football and a few more activities. In a week I only have weekend for my workout.

19. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I do some cardial exercises every morning and weight lifting thrice in a week. Spending too much time on the couch playing games can make you a couch potato and some exercise can help to avoid fat accumulation.

20. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always wanted to but I guess aside from the busy schedule, I am not able to work out because maybe I just don't want to. There are a lot of hard stuff that I learned or made because I wanted to, working out isn't hard, I can lift weights but it's just way too boring for me. But then, I always think about what I would get if I workout, a lot of great things can be gained, maybe a little more push on talking to myself would help me hit the iron again.