Do you workout?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. kellykr09

kellykr09 Active Member

I really dislike working out and I've recently become very lazy. I'm trying to become more active this year. I think games are the way to go for me. I really love all the Just Dance games and I will begin using them as a stepping stone to a better me. I really do want to become more active and not use up all my times playing games, which I truly enjoy.

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister Member

I used to work out consistently about every other day. Running, yoga and going to the gym were all part of my weekly training when I was taking boxing. Unfortunately, I had to stop boxing and focus on other things. As a result, I've started to drop back in exercising.

I'd really like to start up again but finishing school is priority at the moment. This summer I'm going to get with some friends and start a clean slate. Working out leaves me feeling so refreshed and accomplished. I can't wait!

3. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Gamers are notorious for being out of shape.I personally used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week for a few years but it just got too boring. Since then I started playing tennis and its MUCH more fun than just regular weight lifting

4. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to go to the gym, but my interest in it waned after about two years of that. The most consistent sport I've been doing has been mountain biking and road cycling.

5. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Yeah I see that happens to alot of people who hit the gym. Its simply not that fun and you just do it for the results. Maybe thats why you continue to do mountain biking and cycling, because you feel happy to go and do it and not forced :D

6. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

What is this working out you speak of?

7. sanders89

sanders89 Active Member

I workout, when I am not gaming I take long hikes in the woods, you can't beat that fresh clean Oregon air. Not to mention there are tons of beautiful hiking trails around this area and lot of nice places to explore. I always feel better after getting some good exercise.

8. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

See, Sanders89 - You do what I think about doing. I would love to go on a hike or just get some clean fresh air, but I always end up sitting in bed thinking about doing it. Maybe I should just give it a go.

9. shiftermob

shiftermob Member

50 pushups, 50 cruches, 1 mile run, 10 pullups is my morning routine, really good for shape!

10. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I am not one of those players that sits in front of a screen all day for sure. I don't exercise as much as I want but I do make it a point to go for a walk everyday and lift twice a week in my home gym. I also work full time.

11. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

I do workout. I think its good to stay in shape. its healthy and its beneficial to your body, health and strength.

12. wulfman

I've just re started the simplest of all workouts. The bicep curl . :)

13. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

i use to workout alot, but as of late I'm lacking the discipline and mental will to do it, and its a problem cause I've been gaining a few pounds too...

14. wulfman

I have just joined a gym . I have also started swimming there.

15. wulfman

I need to lose weight so I was told to stay away from weight lifting and focus on cardiovascular exercieses like running, swimming, and cycling.

16. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I work out occasionally although I prefer jogging and other outdoor sports. However, I visit gyms randomly when I have enough time to do that.

17. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

I do work out around 2 or 3 times a week. I like to stay in shape, and its also very healthy.

18. wulfman

I recently sold my weight bench for less than $100 to a family member. I was just very lazy about it. I was diligent about it when I was in college, but even then I did not enjoy it. I only did it for superficial reasons. When you exercise it should be 90% mental, 10% physical.

19. wulfman

I would like to start jogging or walking or even swimming at some point. I get tired very easily these days and always feel lethargic. While I am not overweight or obese, I still am very out of shape.

20. wulfman

I dunno how it improves your gaming experience lol. But working out improves your energy for the day.