Do you workout?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfit Active Member

I think this totally benefits your gaming performance if you workout. It's extremely good for the health especially when you are pushing yourself past your comfort zone. It improves your body physically and mentally. It also increases blood flow to your brain which in return will help you think more and out of the box. This would benefit your gaming performances believe it or not! Do you workout?

2. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Yeah, usually twice a week, but even then I can miss sessions. Better than not going/gaming all day though!

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I used to work out everyday, but I stopped because I got to skinny now I work out 3 to 4 days a week mostly weight lifting!

4. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

I used to work out frequently, but I started drinking again. It's either one or the other for me, sadly.

5. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Haha true! When I drink my performance really drops! Plus I don't feel great for about 2 days afterwards.

6. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Many years ago I was really overweight; I had a job office, did not exercise at all and ate lots of fast of food. One day I decided that I had to change so I joined a gym. A few months later I lost 45 pounds. I really enjoy to work out, and I discovered it is a great way to release stress.

7. RMCMage

Congratulations on losing 45 pounds.

8. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I walk almost every day. Walking causes more weight loss than running, because you are burning fat instead of pure sugar. I really recommend it. :)

9. doctorimpossible

I don't think that exercising will really affect your gaming skills at all. I run 3-5 miles everyday and yet I am still just as bad at guild wars 2 as when I started. It would be interesting to see someone do an actual study on that theory though.

10. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I do low impact cardiovascular exercises on a daily basis for about 30 minutes. Seating all day in front of the computer can take a toll on your health, exercising and moving around keeps your body and brain working.

11. RMCMage

That's smart unless your not a very active person their is no need to workout 30 minutes a day I used to do that, but when I started biking to school and becoming more active so I started getting to skinny so I had to lay off a bit on the exercise.

12. brandondnguyen90

brandondnguyen90 Active Member

I use to workout at Fitness Connection consistently for the longest time but then I skipped just for 1 day and after that day, I have not been working out since. Then recently, I started to go back at it because I have a girlfriend who loves to eat and will not stop putting food in my mouth. It is definitely very healthy and it relieves you from all of the stress that you are currently having. That's probably one of the reasons why I work out. My last semester was very hectic and there was alot of studying that I had to do and projects. So being able to workout really helps me get away from all of that.

13. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

I barely work out once a week at times. I plan on getting back into the swing of things starting January. Just so much stuff going on that I have zero time for it.

14. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Exercise has very little to do with gaming ability, unless you are talking about reflex training. Then again, that's neurological training as well...

15. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

I work out in my own way, with walking, jogging, I'll do cardio at the very least twice a week. I'm not a harcore workoutaholic though. I don't see how it would improve my gaming though

16. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

I never understood how people enjoyed running such long distances. I mean, I ran about 2-3 miles every other day for about two years and then just gave up one day. It was causing me too much anxiety and stress.

17. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer Member

I do even if it is not always the most effective or useful. I do tend to just go for a walk or ride my bike every other morning, also I absolutely love physical activity when it is fun but hate getting it organzied. I mean PE in school was probably my favorite class I just wish I had been able to take it in 11th and 12th grade.

18. RMCMage

I used to do that it's one of those things you just don't wake up e day and start doing it you slowly build up and if you do it right you should feel stronger if your feeling stress that means your overdoing it exercising should be fun just like playing a video game!

19. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I think I get enough workout when I volunteer at the local Veteran's Hospital. I have to go up and down move people around whatnaught so that's plenty.

20. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been a bit laze with regards to this recently. Now I go to the swimming pool maybe twice a week.
    I also like to get most of my workout from doing everyday things, such as walking to places instead of taking a car.