Do you usually play ranked or normal games?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by rightct, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Joanner1210

Joanner1210 Member
    Regular

When I first played League of legends, I really dont know how this thing works, Im just good in-game but im too dumb that i didnt know that im playing in custom games. That was season 2 of league of legends i played till im lvl 18 just from playing with other guys in custom games. but I started playing normal till lvl 30 then I started ranked game till i reached plat. but nowadays i dont play ranked games, im just waiting till another season comes and Ill play before season ends in rank to get the freebies :) :D

2. Clayton Wolfe

Clayton Wolfe Member
    Regular

If I had to be 100 percent honest, I am terrible at MOBAs. I try to play League of Legends and Dota but I end up looking like a huge scrub. I accept the hate because they are totally correct. I know, I am a terrible person and should never play League ever again, but I will play competitive games just to hear people scream at me through their mics. I find it hilarious when people go into a fit of rage and yell out the dumbest possible insults. I haven't played League in a while and I kind of want to get better. I think I will transition to normal games and start using guides on how to use specific characters.

3. CloudyToday

CloudyToday Member
    Regular

I'm more of a casual player, so I play more normals and ARAMs for fun. But, I admit ranked games are usually more interesting because it's taken a bit more seriously than normals. In my first year of playing League, I only played five ranked games because I felt that I wasn't skilled enough and would let my team down. Now, I play ranks a bit more often if someone duos with me.

4. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

I only play ranked when I'm playing a champion I do well with. Inverted Composer suggests you go with your highest win rate champions. A rule I follow religiously.

If I'm testing a new champion or practicing one I'm not good with, I'll stick to normals. Too many people decide ranked is a good place to test out a champ they've never played. No idea why.

5. TysonOwner

TysonOwner Member
    Regular

Normally I will only play normal games, but since the season just recently started I had to make it through my promos at least. Beyond and getting out of silver, you probably won't ever see me in the ranked scene.

6. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

I used to play only ranked and got to Gold consistently every season, but nowadays I only play normal games with friends. Tryharding in ranked is fun, I admit, but I'd rather wind down and play a fun normal game where we don't care if we win or lose, because all that matters is enjoying ourselves.

7. maddomo

maddomo Member
    Regular

I used to play ranked seriously, and played for hours on end. These days, I've gotten more relaxed when it comes to games, so I only play normal, whether by myself or with friends. This reduces stress, and allows me to really have fun.

8. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am usually pre level 30 so I play normals more, however when I start playing ranked on an account, it's all I do.. that is until I reach Platinum 2 ( the elo I've never been able to pass on 4 different accounts).

9. Player7

Player7 Active Member
    Regular

I like playing ranked games in League of Legends because that's where the real challenge is. You'll be able to improve a lot just by playing a few ranked games and make you more competitive when playing normals. Mistakes are greatly punished in rankeds, that's what makes you really improve. However, after a a full work day I prefer to relax playing normal games or ARAMS.

10. Cloud

Cloud Member
    Regular

I've grown to hate the pressure of ranked games, and even normals at times. It's not that I can't take the heat, it's that it seems like there's no room for fun at times. I'm not even talking about playing Crittlesticks and stealing raptors from your jungler, I'm talking about stuff like playing Varus as an ADC (shocker) or Morgana mid (double shocker)!

So I stick to ARAMs, where I can play fun stuff like AP Varus and Miss Fortune.

11. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually play with bots to test a champ, but nowadays I test a champ in normal games and play what I main on ranked games. I find a lot of quitters and trolls in normal games and not too much of them in ranked that's why I always play ranked games lately. Though there are still some trolls in ranked games there are only a few of them unlike in normal games where most of the games I play have 1 or 2 trolls.

12. iamduanejackson

I only play ranked when I'm ready to play serious I just got back into league so I'm relearning a lot of the remakes and new champions I missed, a lot of normal games but I do enjoy ARAM for the randomness and the head on fighting, you get thrown into it and work out a new champion much faster the only downfall is you can't choose which one to learn

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer to play normal games because I like to play to have fun and not to feel pressured to be perfect. :cool:

I have nothing against those who play with other goals (ranked for example), but I find a bit of "madness" the cult that is created to some games. o_O

14. clair02

clair02 Active Member
    Regular

Am I the only one who finds ranked games quite frustrating or is it just because I'm a newbie? So far I have only ever played normal games and I find them quite alright.

15. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

I prefer normal casual games, Because people in ranked are more toxic than usual, and it is awful to play like that. It is tense, no fun, and if you lose you just freak out more. Casuals are fun and chilling, if you win, great, if you lose, no big deal.

16. leagacy1234

leagacy1234 Member
    Regular

i never played ranked games bcs they take too much time for picks and bans

17. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on my mood to play. I usually play normal games with my friends and I play ranked games when I want to improve myself and of course if my internet is fast.

18. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

I prefer the ranked games because my always love a challenge and something to look forward to. For me... You f it's just normal then there is no challenge.

19. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

I rarely play normals, and if I do, I only play because my friend isn't good enough rank to duo with him on ranked. Normal isn't as fun as ranked because no one worries about doing their best and they try out these new strategies that 90% of the time don't work. Ranked feels more rewarding and it gets my adrenaline up. And if i want to chill with my friends we play ranked flex.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I go with ranked games I have to be in that mood not to get upset but if I am up for it then I will go with ranked. Like others have said just casual time with friends I mostly just choose normal.