Do you troll?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Stiflex, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Trolls are the worst kind of player. Why ruin the game for 9 other people just because someone else wanted to go mid? I never troll.

2. John Edison

John Edison Active Member

Ha! I know exactly what you mean! People can really get on my nerves, but it depends on the character I am trying to portray. I'm super weird. When I play MMORPGs, I usually act incredibly nice to other players. I give them free things, I offer them advice, and I let them take advantage me simply because I enjoy helping out noobs. I never really thought I was much of a roleplayer, but I guess that this basically proves it anyway.

FPS on the other hand, I'll start trolling like there is no tomorrow. I have no control over this , and it really does pose a problem when trying to find legitimate games. Losing sucks, but it is well worth it just to see your teammate's frustration!

3. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

No, I said it was "part of the reason", the bigger part would be I find Dota and LoL to be monotonous. Naturally, people play video games to enjoy themselves, not to annoy themselves, so yes, if a game annoys me for whatever reason, I wont play it, obviously.

4. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Fair deal. You find the game monotonous and to top that someone annoys you while playing it. Fair enough reason to not play it.

5. Korsakoff

Korsakoff Member

I do the same as well. Even though I wouldn't call myself a troll. I would rather say everyone who doesn't surrender when it's clear that our team stands no chance is a troll and just wasting my time.

6. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

I only troll in response to being trolled. Like just a couple hours ago, I locked in jungle first pick, and last pick instead of filling with support types in all caps "DUO JUNGLE LOL" and locks in nocturne with smite. So in the game, I just followed him around and stole every jungle camp he tried to take.

7. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

The amount of trolling I've seen makes this game unfun.

8. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

Nope. I think I only trolled once or twice and that was because we had absolutely no chance and others in my team were trolling too. But I usually don't do it, it's a waste of time. If there's nothing to be done and others are trolling, I simply play on my own and only to prove that the match could had a chance.

9. netherblood

netherblood Well-Known Member

Yes and I'm not particularly proud of it.
    Whenever I stop playing LoL seriously me and some friends decide to genuinely have some fun and ruin other people's games.
    I know, I am awful but when you play as a troll you really do get the appeal of being one.

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only troll when I'm playing with four of my friends, because we are a full team, and we're usually okay with it. We already had a lot of funny moments. :p

11. brandondnguyen90

brandondnguyen90 Active Member

I am the exact same way. When I get mad or I am about to lose the game, I tend to always troll in the game. I have that mindset where I really do not care anymore and just do whatever I want. Besides, trolling can be fun sometimes. It feels good to not follow the basic rules of the game and just do quite the opposite by trolling.

12. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Gotta troll a little bit every once in a while to lighten the mood and remind you it's just a game. Definitely not on my main though lol...

13. Kreemz

Kreemz Member

I understand a lot of people get really emotional when playing League, and I understand when people feel like they just want to forget everything and forget this match, but trolling is just plain dumb. I get it, you're tired. You can troll when you know for sure no one is going to care and you're going to lose, but trolling because some guy is making you upset? Just because it's fun? I guess it would be less important if you were playing normals, but I see this a lot in ranked. Why ruin the game just because of one other person? More importantly, why ruin the game for yourself? You never know how the game could turn out, and I take it if you're playing, you want to win. You might as well not be an idiot.

Or you could just be inconsiderate, and don't care. Which, in that case, you just have an under-developed sympathy/empathy drive.

14. Orz

Orz Well-Known Member

Only when someone is being extra toxic and just unbearable, I'm talking about that one guy which has done nothing all game, blames everyone else and goes on about how good they are. Baiting the enemy to them as a mobile champion and ditching them always brings vengeance.

15. Petar Petrov

Petar Petrov Member

I would say I troll sometimes when my team is retarded. I see people getting killed every time they get back to the lane and at that point the game is over so I don't really care. And if bot mid and top are loosing then why not. :D

16. Trevo

Trevo Member

I don't troll but thank you for the great idea.

17. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Member

I only troll when I'm in normals and if we're losing by a huge margin, otherwise I always play to win. Essentially I troll minimally.

18. mizore742

mizore742 Member

Yeah, I have to admit it but only if someone on my team is being a complete jerk for no reason at all. Sometimes I just can't handle the frustration after work or school and I blow it out on League.

19. qaximor

qaximor Member

In normal games yes I do a lot but I don't troll to the point I make my team loose the game because who wants to loose a game. In ranked I do now sometimes if I see that we won't have a chance to win at all and because it's preseason so ranked points doesn't matter anymore.

20. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are some pretty good troll ideas in this thread, but no, I don't troll, at least not as much anymore, because I just want to play the game, win, and be over it. I very often get honored for being friendly, so I guess I must be nice enough. Sometimes, when I am playing with a group of friends together, I would mess around more, especially knowing that we are winning and there's no worry.