Quantcast

Do you think we get Final Fantasy XII HD anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Missfireflower, May 28, 2015.

1. I was excited for FFX's HD remake, and when I heard that if it "does well" we would get a HD remake on FFXII I jumped for joy! XII is my favorite of all time. I loved the story, the UI, the battle system-all of it!

If I don't get to see Fran in HD with Balthier I'll be so upset :(

Do you think it's coming at all? I hope so!

2. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Can we really handle Fran's gorgeous ass in HD? I don't think I could.

I'm pretty sure Square-Enix will eventually release FFXII HD, though, and the very balance of the world will shift due to Fran's glorious ass.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

If they do XII before VII, I think people will lose their minds. People have wanted a HD VII for years and Square Enix refuses to give it to them for some reason. I have never played VII and would consider it with a graphical upgrade.

4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

That game will take awhile to put into HD. If it does come out, I'm not going to bother with it. I didn't care for it when playing on the PS2 and I don't think I even beat it.

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Now we're getting FFVII remade, so XII has to be coming in the next few years, right?

6. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I think they said they want to remake more of the old FF games, so there's a possibility FF XII will be one of them, although I think FF VI or VII deserve it more since they are much older than XII. Not so much VI since 2D ages better than 3D, but VIII looks pretty bad by today's standarts.

7. generalthrax

generalthrax Member

FFXII HD has actually been teased by Arnie Roth from Square Enix. When will be getting the HD remake is the big question now. I think it won't come out for a while, probably 2017.

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I seriously hope so. I want to give this game a fair chance even though it's generally frowned upon. I hope they'll release it on PC, just like they're doing right now with FFIX!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I'm interested to see, as well, if Square Enix will follow through and make a HD remaster for FFXII. I suppose that all depends on whether or not FFXII has a big enough cult following, like FFIX or FFX. I know that, while Square Enix does like to appeal to their fans, they also like to make big sales with their games. So they're probably gauging the reception from that tease of a prospect to see if people would go for it. I'd like an HD version of FFXII, with high res versions of Vaan, Balthier, and Fran.

10. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I don't see why not, because it would be one of the easier games to upgrade. FFXII still looks pretty good by modern standards - the characters and the environments would just need some reskinning. Which is a lot to do, given the sheer size of the game, I'll admit, but I bet it would take a lot less time than trying to do the game over from scratch like many of the older titles.