Quantcast

Do you think they should remake OOT with modern graphics?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by pr0xx1d, Dec 19, 2013.

1. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Halo and many other games have released "anniversary" editions. Would you buy and play an Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask remake? How much would you be willing to pay? Personally, I would pay full price to re-experience such an amazing game again using modern technology.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

No, I think that the Semi-Remake on 3DS was perfectly fine. I do think however Majora's Mask should have it's own remake in the same way that ocarina did.

3. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

No, I do not think OoT should be remade. The game is perfect as it is right now; and while graphs could be improved, my childhood would be destroyed if they touch that game.

4. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Very true points. I agree that there is the possibility of them messing up the game, which was arguably my favorite game of all time. :)

5. devilishomar

devilishomar Active Member

Though it would all depend on the story of the game, I think they wouldn't be able to pull it off. When you try to make a game to cope with the modern day graphics, you tend to lose your focus on the story mode of the game and it all gets distorted.
    Plus, who doesn't like the classy Zelda games graphics!

6. Akiyama

Akiyama Member

I agree completely. In fact, Nintendo should be well aware that there is a large group patiently waiting on them to remake Majora's Mask.

Akiyama

7. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

Nintendo needs to remake all of their games with modern graphics. It'd be better than what their doing right now.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I agree if they did remake the game with better graphics it won't be as good as the original the only difference is better graphics.

9. jesuitical

jesuitical Well-Known Member

I don't think it'd ruin the game as people are saying (I mean the original game wouldn't be going anywhere), but they did have the 3DS version, and I don't see any reason to make another remake.

10. averycagle9595

averycagle9595 Active Member

Regardless of whether we want it or not, it'll inevitably happen. It seems all Nintendo is capable of is remakes now.

11. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

No. I feel like updated graphics would ruin a lot of nostalgia for those who grew up with the game and a major selling point of it would be for people to replay their childhood in the first place so I feel that a modern graphical addition wouldn't be in their best interest.

12. meta_mach

meta_mach Active Member

I'd like it if there was an option to play it the original way as well. Would love a Nintendo collection to be ported to other systems as well like Sega did with the Genesis collection. Zelda, Super Mario 3, Duck hunt, Paper Boy, and the original Ninja Turtles game. I may even want the Ghostbusters game though I was never able to figure out what I was supposed to do, I ended up just driving around the city.

13. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

No need for that actually. I would actually prefer it if they can just focus on one main project, or one new game that can attract both new gamers and old fans. The 3ds remake is good enough as a remake and the "retro" art is part of the charms anyway.

14. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

I don't think Ocarina of Time's game play formula would really work nowadays. It's a great game, but it's a bit dated compared to other games currently on the market. I'm satisfied with the 3DS remaster, since Ocarina of Time ironically lends itself to handheld play. For me, it's the perfect game to play and put down, whenever I need to do something else.

15. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

I really don't think they should remake a game that is already as great as is. Then again, I don't think they should remake good movies either. It's all a matter of preference.

16. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I think I'd be excited for, probably wouldn't even play it because I've already enjoyed that game so much, but I wouldn't be upset if it happened.

17. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

They have already remade OOT twice already and I wouldn't be suprised if they remaster it again. OOT master quest is a good game to pick up if you can find a copy.

18. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member Regular

It is really true. They have already remade it twice