Quantcast

Do you think their will ever be a Kingdom Hearts for the PC

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by RMCMage, Nov 4, 2013.

1. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

There is quite possible a potential for seeing it released on the PC. So many gamers are starting to convert themselves over from console to PC because of how easy it is to obtain any game through any means. Whether it's emulators, Steam games, or just buying a digital/physical copy of the game, the demand for PC games is rising. If they really want that extra cash to wander into their pocket, that's the only way they'd have a huge increase in sales overall.

2. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Probably not, just because as people have mentioned, KH is mostly Sony. If it ever does happen, I can see it being one of the small spin off games, like X[chi] is. Or hey, maybe one day we'll get a social media-type game. One could only hope, right?

In the faaaaaaaaaaar future, perhaps someone will port them. But I can't imagine new releases coming directly to PC for this franchise.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know...I doubt Sony would let one of their big money-makers branch out on a platform they have little to no control over, especially since it was (mostly) on exclusive consoles. It would be cool to play it on PC, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

4. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Nah, probably not. It's been a long time and I've waited for a PC release and so far no luck. Hey but who knows, I mean if Brutal Legend took a few years before a PC release (which is a crappy port BTW) then there might still be hope. But I'm not crossing my fingers on this one.

5. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Considering KH3 is already multiplatform, I don't see it as too far-fetched for a PC version to be released along with the console versions, specially after all the recent PC ports of Final Fantasy games (including the XIII trilogy and Type 0 HD), along with the fact that it's been stated that a FFXV PC version is possible. It seems like Square-Enix is going fully multi-platform and keeping the PC market in mind.

6. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member Regular

Maybe? In the near-future, I think it will console-exclusive. Though, it appears Square Enix is making strides to port their older titles to PCs, as well as make their newer releases more multi-platform. So, maybe in the far future we'll get a compilation game on the PC?

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think that if there has ever been a moment where it seemed like KH might come on PC, it's now. Kingdom Hearts 3 is developed on machines that use architectures and hardware close to the computers we generally use, and it's also using the Unreal Engine 4 which is an extremely flexible engine that can be used on so many machines in a easy and painless way.
    Knowing this I don't think Square will miss a chance for a quick buck with the PC audience. It's almost a given at this point, just like with FFXV.

8. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

The reason why I don't rule out PC is because SE already has re-released certain titles to the PC market. That and their newest games have multiple platform ports. Not only that but PC games are on the rise everywhere, Japan included.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

A lot of games nowadays come out as ports for PC, which sucks. It's the most capable platform on the market, I just wish developers would care more about it.

10. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I think it is in the realm of possibility but very unlikely. No doubt if it does one day come on PC there will be multiplayer and possible character creation involved.

11. dellmininotebook

dellmininotebook Member Regular

There are a lot of gamers who just prefer to play games on PC. I have a big collection of games on my pc. I would love to play a PC version of Kingdom Hearts. I think that this will be soon available on the PC.