Do you think blood should be banned from games?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Aug 6, 2015.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not a fan of violence especially when it's too realistic, but I'd say I detest censorship a whole lot more. I believe everyone should be allowed to make choices so I wouldn't vote for banning blood and gore in video games even though I personally don't like it. At most I'd say games should give options to turn this off, but even then if they refuse it then I believe that is their artistic right to do so, and anyone who can't handle it should simply just play another game.

2. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, whilst I think the sight of blood has lost the impact it once had, games would be visually and probaby narratively worse without them. For instance Spec Ops: The Line would not be the harrowing deconstruction of the modern war shooter game if it could not use blood or distressing imagery

3. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

No. Game ratings exist for a reason. If you think your child is too young to handle violent video games, simply don't let them play/purchase them. I do believe there's a limit to how violent a game I can stand, but I can simply avoid that violence by not playing the game or lowering the gore setting, which most violent games tends to have in any case.

4. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

You are right, since the option is there to either enable or disable blood scenes in games, then there is really no point asking for those parts to be banned from the games.

5. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Bаnning а thing is аlmоst nеvеr а sоlutiоn tо thе rеаl prоblеm.
    Just lооk bасk аt prоhibitiоn in thе Unitеd Stаtеs, а bаn сrеаtеd mоrе hаrm thаn gооd.
    In thе еnd yоu fоllоw а pаth оf bаnning еvеrything suсh аs thе еxаmplе in “еsсаpе Frоm Nеw Yоrk” оr “еquilibrium”. аt thаt pоint, еvеn thе bеnign things wе tаkе fоr grаntеd tоdаy, suсh аs mаrtiаl аrts mоviеs оr еvеn rеnаissаnсе аrt аrе nоw оutlаwеd bесаusе thе bаn kеpt сrееping furthеr.

6. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

Blood shouldn't be banned from games, it should instead be an option to have it in the game or avoid it. Personally, a bloodless game would make me lose interest in the game pretty fast. Realism in a game makes want to play it.

7. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do love to play games like this. I do like it when you shoot enemies and the insides would explode everywhere.

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh no, that will surely involve blood spillage in the movie. I would consider scenes where blood are common as not appealing. Anyway this quite depends on person to person.

Working Buck likes this.
  9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes it would have a ton of bloodshed for sure, be it a game or a movie, if it's an action packed one, I always go for the one that involves a lot of explosion and gore. Maybe because I want to see look real. I hate movies where you just see blood on the floor after a gunshot, I want ones that show how the bullet went into the skull.

tony likes this.
  10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

You are correct, sometimes people do prepare to watch actual action films no matter how gory they may look. I find that such is not really mine thing for the time being.

11. komaeda

komaeda Member
    Regular

Having ratings set for the game if it involves gruesome scenes lets the person know before buying that the game will have violence, so I don't see what the problem is if they know what they're getting? Unless you mean that too much violence in games can be bad, which I guess could be true if the person is so use to it they become extremely desensitized by it. It's not that common to become very desensitized to violence from games though, from what I know...?

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes there should be warning or instructions to alert game people that the game could be gory having some blood scenes. This will prepare one's mind to expect any horrible moment on the game.

13. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, I don't. Like I believe there should be an option to take it off as some games go way too far but why ban it entirely. Grow some balls.

14. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on the person about to watch the movie, all I think there should be a prior notice that the game has such scenes which may not be pleasing to some audience

15. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

As far as I know, there is always prior notice at the start of such games. Also, if you don't like the genre then don't get the game.

16. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think so, blood helps give that sense of maturity and realism to the players. Plus, most people aren't too bothered by blood.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, and I think the people who are defending this kind of idea don't even have plausible arguments to say that blood in games makes everything more dangerous and violent. I mean, what's the point? :rolleyes:

In the end... It's a pure wast of time. :D