Do you still keep your old consoles?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by William Quah, Feb 28, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I actually only keep old consoles as antiques in the hopes it would be worth something. Wishful thinking. :p

2. wulfman

True but sometimes they break down or don't work properly. I remember blowing into the cartridge to get some of my old NES games to work . After about 15 minutes it would work and then black out. I just trashed it.

3. wulfman

I sold my N64 and especially with emulators now to a certain degree it just does not make sense. And it is not like it will increase in value the more you hold on to it. They can make it in Japan for 10 bucks if they ever want to again.

4. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do keep my old consoles like PS1 & PS2, and other Nintendo Gameboy stuff. But the consoles are not functioning any more. The reason I keep them as a memento. If I saw them again in the future all the nostalgic memories will return to me. I like that feeling.

5. wulfman

^^^^^I agree about the nostalgia. I used to sit for an hour trying to get my NES to work. And that was when Super Nintendo was out for several years. Sometimes you just wanna go back. Sad that I had to trash it.

6. wulfman

And even getting one at an auction site or something is not an option because that specific system had special meaning for me. My parents bought it for me during Christmas and I caught them in the middle of the night wrapping it and putting it under the Christmas tree.

7. wulfman

I would probably pay more to have it fixed than I would to buy a brand new one if I had the chance.

8. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I wish I would of saved my old consoles. Well at least we got emulators, even though it's still not the same

9. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I kept my old console of Playstation for the long time because it still worked. This was the ORIGINAL PS, not the remake, mind you! It finally stopped playing games about a few years back. Ended up not having the system anymore because I had to leave it behind at my old house after losing it. :(

10. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh definitely! Having a small collection of games really opens the playing field of what you can play! My boyfriend and I own 3 NES, three PS1's, PS2, PS3, PS4, and so on. We have quite a huge collection at the moment and it really just makes playing games that much more fun.

11. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

For sure! I'd never throw out any game console, no matter how old it is. You never know if it will gain value, or when you want to play it!

12. kabezon

kabezon Member

I gave mine away every time I got a new one. When the PS2 came out I gave my PSX to my cousins. When the PS3 came out I gave my PS2 to my nephew. When the PS4 came out I kept my PS3, by now I had learned from my mistakes: giving away precious historical pieces of technology was a bad choice. However, my PS3 then burned and now I still have it but it's useless :(

13. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes absolutely! I never threw out or gave away my xbox and DS. I want to be able to play them in 10 years time or have my children see how we played "back in the day". I want to keep it for my children.

14. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still have my Playstation which is actually working but have not played with it for years so it is only gathering dust. However, it is going to be up in the value in the coming decades so I am definitely going to keep it.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still have a PSP, PS1 and PS2 laying around here somewhere, I just don't want to throw them out since they've been a part of my childhood. I still have games for them.

16. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

I'm so sad that I didn't keep my old consoles. I've sold my PSP and from time to time I get nostalgic and I want to play some games that I really loved back then, but I cannot. I've sold my X360 when I was really in need for cash because I haven't had touched it for a good half year, but every now and them I get sad thinking I don't have it anymore.

17. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Always keep them, I might contemplate trading one console in if its for substantial trade in credit for an updated or superior model. For instance I might trade in my 3DS for the "New 3DS" and My current PS3 for a backwards compatible model. But other than that I will always keep them and display them somewhere if possible

18. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, of course. I love my old consoles and I play them all the time. Right now I'm replaying my original Xbox games and I'm having a great time. I may get a PSX or PS2 in the short term.

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never owned many consoles but sadly the few that I did are all lost by now. One of them I broke by plugging it into an outlet with the wrong voltage but most of them were just lost along the way one way or another. The one I miss the most is my PSP which was so handy because I could play it anywhere anytime.

20. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have all of my old consoles and games! However, I've found with some of the old Gameboy games, the batteries break and they no longer save. I can't bear to get rid of them though. :D