Do you still keep your old consoles?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by William Quah, Feb 28, 2014.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

How many of you guys still keep your old consoles? I regret giving away my SNES last time along with my stach of game cartridges so I now keep all the consoles that I buy. I still own the PS1, PS2, and PS3 even though I rarely game on them anymore.

2. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I still have some of my old consoles, though some were either disposed of as they are no longer working or gave it away as well. The ones I kept are PS1, PS2, PSP (well there is already PS Vita and 3DS so I guess it can be considered as an old handheld console lol) and Wii. My Gamecube and Dreamcast was already disposed of while I no longer remember what happened to my Gameboy, but one thing is for sure it is no longer in my collection of consoles. XD

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Yes I still have a Playstation, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Nintendo Wii, and a Sega Genesis if I bought one of the newer consoles I probably would sell before the newer version came out because consoles cost to much and don't last as long.

4. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I certainly do! I still power up my old Super Nintendo from time to time! :)

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I gave my gameboy color and my SNES to my younger brother. So they are still in the family. :)

6. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I just found my old Playstation 1. Oh the Tekken times. I used to litterally spend hours daily on it!

7. William Quah

Glad to hear that you guys still keep them like I do. I like to put them out and display them even though I rarely use the old ones. There's this strange feeling of satisfaction to see consoles line up next to each other. I've also been thinking if I should get a SNES again just to own it again.

8. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still have my SNES and Gameboy Advance. Though I know this isn't a console, I also still have an Amiga 500 with a lot of games.

9. llllllllllllllllllll

Interesting. The fact that you display them means you treat them as collector's item. I kept my old consoles but not as collection as they are just inside a box in my store room. But displaying them as collection is a nice idea. I think I might do that as well. :)

10. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I dont think they should be had as classic collector items though! They are meant to be played.

11. William Quah

Yeah, I like to display the things when there are a few of it. I think it's cool to show of each generation of consoles from the same company. Some of the old models no longer work properly so displaying them is best.

12. llllllllllllllllllll

I totally understand you, but I just don't feel like doing a blast from the past and play retro games at the moment as there are still a couple of recent games in my playlist that I haven't played yet. Maybe I will once my children can already play games so that I can share with them the games I enjoyed playing.

13. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I gave away probably $500 worth of 360 games and really regret doing that. I could have sold them and used the money to help buy a new car. It's best to hold on to old stuff that you don't use anymore. Never know when you might be able to turn a coin for it.

14. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an incredible amount of regret from selling my old consoles. Currently, I only have my Ps3 and it just makes me sad inside.

15. sanders89

sanders89 Active Member

I did keep my very first ps1, I think that in the future it will be of some value, and just for me it has sentimental value. Plus every once in a while when I am feeling nostaligic I will play a game or a couple.

16. shiftermob

shiftermob Member

I personally dont keep my consoles, just because I dont like having alot of stuff in my house. But whatever floats your boat lol!

17. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

my nintendo broke. i still have my N64 and super nintendo. i currenly have PS2.

18. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I don't understand people who get rid of their old consoles. Consoles don't take up that much space and I like to be able to go back to old games when I feel like it.

19. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to preserve old things so therefore I have my old playstation one and playstation 2. In addition, I found my old Gameboy a couple of months ago.

20. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

Now that I'm about to move out, not anymore. I just give them all to my little brother now.