Do you shave manually or with an electric razor ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by wulfman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Thinking of getting an electric razor. I am getting way too many cuts and razor bumps.

2. wulfman

And I let my beard grow way to long before I shave so that is another bad thing about manual shaving. If I had an electric razor I would do it every other day and never lose a beat.

3. wulfman

Can you cut yourself with an electric razor ?

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I go in between to be honest.. It just depends on how presentable I want to be... lol..

5. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

You should get a quality razor like Gillette though it is quite expensive. However, I prefer using both. With a razor you can get a better and smoother feeling skin whilst I use electronic razor if I am in hurry.

6. wulfman

Yea manual definitely is smoother and more clean cut. I grow fast too. But manual is a pain with the razor burn and sometimes cutting myself.

7. wulfman

Yea I use disposable Gillette. I should invest in some type of expensive Gillete with a 4 blade razor or something like that.

8. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I was younger, I used an electric razor, but then as I got older, I switched to a manual razor. It just 'feels right' doing it manually. I didn't like how the electric razor felt 'too easy' for something already so simple. Sometimes, technology is good, but sometimes, technology is unnecessary.

9. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

I still shave manually, I've actually never thought about using an electric razor. Times are definitely a changing.

10. wulfman

After some consideration, I have not bought any electric razor. I have stuck with manual and although it is time consuming and the cuts get annoying, it just feels cleaner and better. It just is not necessary to go all tech gadget in this task as tiny said.

11. wulfman

Do you men prefer to use the gel or the cream when you shave. I can't stand that gel. It offers no protection when I shave.

12. wulfman

I may be using it wrong though because I think you have to mix it with water and it turns into a froth like cream. Anyway shaving cream is cheaper.

13. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I shave with a manual one. Even that I'm fearful of using! So, I either use Venus's razor that doesn't nick you, if you go a certain way or the Finishing Touch. No pain at all and gets rid of unwanted hair! :D

14. wulfman

I actually let my beard grow for a couple of weeks. I drive ea motor bike and the hair protects my skin against the cold weather.

15. wulfman

It took me about 30 minutes to shave it off manually and I didn't use scissors or anything. I had a lot of razor burn after and my skin has chafed but it should go away in a couple of days.

16. wulfman

Why do you use a Venus razor ? Isn't that for woman ? If it is a razor then how does it not nick you and why don't they make the same type of thing for men then. I'm confused.

17. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an electric shaver on hand. It helps get the job done for me nice and quick and I don't have to worry about any deep cuts.

18. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I currently own and use a manual razor. Even though the cuts on skin made by the manual one are annoying, the razor does a great job on removing unwanted hair. You just have to be extra careful though.

19. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have razor and it gets things done. I think manual is time consuming. So razor if saves time can be lot better option if you ask me. I think depending on how we can save money it may differ for sure.

20. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do both manual and electronic razors. I use electronic razors for on the go events and travels. The good thing about electronic razors is they are fast...
    I use the manual razor blade for a more solemn and do my self pampering, it's kinda personal thing and the after feeling of taking care of yourself.