Do you own a website?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by grinder, Aug 18, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Do you own a website? If yes, can you talk about it a little bit to share your exprience? About me I've been running a website of a local shop in my town that I was asked to build and it's up since 5 years now an it's been all fine since then. What about you?

2. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member
    Regular

I run the website for our family business. Over the years, I've tried different services and hosts, but right now we're just hosting on Yahoo. I've tried Weebly for smaller projects, though, and I really like how easy their builder is. Reminds me of Geocities of old, but better. :) What do you use?

3. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

I used to own about 10 websites lol most of them with good niches, but all those niches are dead so I didn't renew the domains and I let them, those days I don't have any website !

4. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I manage 21 websites and own 7. Fortunately, some of them have an unified post publishing system. Unfortunately, it's a pain to upgrade them. Backing up and at times, needing to restore is also quite a feat.

On a similar note, I also manage 14 email accounts. This is for a mix of work and hobbies.

5. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have actually built a numerous websites myself. Mainly my purposes have been to make money with them. Today i checked statistics and one of my sites have made over 400 bucks. Not bad since I started as a total beginner. It only needs time to learn configuration and search engine optimization you are ready to go.

6. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have multiple blogs that I monetize. It's niche blogs that I don't think I can mention here. Anyway it's pretty good I earn a few hundred a month-- nothing to live on but atleast it earns some beer money. Owning your own website requires a lot of dedication but if you keep at it, it's gonna pay back.

7. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with you that it requires continuous work to keep your website up to date. If you get your niche websites ranked well in search engines it seriously could bring really good passive income although it requires a plenty of work and sleepless nights :D

8. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm working on developing a website for sports betting. It's still in the early stages, but were getting the content ready for launch. I'll keep you all updated.

9. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an idea for a website which lists and categorizes different books and fiction pieces for a specific niche, but it's all still in the early stages. I have a friend with lots of experience so there's that.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm starting one next year and I'm pretty excited. It's gonna be my first one and it's related to programming, can't wait to see how it develops.

11. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Used to own one, but unfortunately didn't manage to make it self-sustain itself. :(

I'm having another attempt next year, in the gaming niche. Hopefully it works. Wish me well!

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I make websites for a living and yet ironically I don't actually have one. I was thinking of making one earlier this year when I was still unemployed and when I really thought about doing freelance work, but now that I have a solid job, I really can't be bothered to make one.

13. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

@d'arakh Great to see you're doing well! I don't see why you would own a site if you don't plan on using it anyway. Waste of time and, by case, money. You perfectly make sense there.

14. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thank you! However, there are some stuff that I might actually need to have a website for so I think I'll definitely be creating one sooner rather than later.

15. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes I own one website which I is a gist and gossip site. I got the site one year ago. Occasionally I'll publish some gossips about local celebrities or happenings in the local administrative offices.

16. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I don't have a website though am thinking of setting up one. I've run multiple blogs that are free and I think it's time to upgrade. I've been posting marketing links and also fun stuff like movies, games and music and that's what I would use my website for.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am looking to go for a .info domain name which I am getting on offer at a very cheap cost. I don't quite know how profitable that extension would be for a resale.

18. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me and a friend of mine just purchased a few domain names and had them hosted but we aren't on the running phase yet. We are still thinking about what kind of content we would be posting and we are still figuring out how to earn from doing this since we are really new to this kind of stuff.

19. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am also looking at purchasing two or three domains which I hope to park for ads sharing/showing and a future resale. I am still trying to understand how those kind of deals go

20. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

At the moment no, but owning a website may be a good route to go for the business I have in plan.