Do you like Last Light more than 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by DarkOne, May 14, 2013.

?

Do you like Last Light more than 2033?

1. A lot better

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. A bit better

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. About the same

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Not as good but a worthy sequel

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Falls well short of 2033's excellence

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Voice acting is slightly better, Characters are definitely a low point and I hate how they've changed from 2033. I pretty much hate everyone except for the child. And Ranger mode (which I always played in 2033) is borderline broken in this game. I also hate how ammo is EVERYWHERE yet you have an ammo cap that chokes you every turn, constantly leaving you unable to scavenge most of the time.

But it looks amazing, even on consoles, its shooting mechanics are much smoother, it's much spookier and atmospheric, new enemies are great additions, and it has just so many great moments.

It improved on almost every flaw of Metro 2033, but introduced a few of its own. It's still one of my favorite games, but it could still use a bit of work in a few areas. High highs, low lows.

2. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

The gameplay was definitely improved on, and I appreciated that. 2033 was just such a good game, though.

3. UntilTammaroGaming

UntilTammaroGaming New Member

I'm going to say like I did in an early thread that, like most people, Metro Last Light is graphically superior,but that's really about it. I have not finished the game yet, so I can't really say anything more in detail; however, so far even the storyline has felt like it has fallen short.

4. StinkeStiefel

StinkeStiefel New Member

In addition the sense of lonelyness is weakened in this titel. I remember walking around in Metro 2033 and seing no one! Not even mutans. These parts were intense by there own. In my opinion it created a great feeling of this lonely and sad world. Saddly LL is very "compact" and you encounter a lot of enemys and friends. They should tone it done it their next titel :D :D :D

5. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

I love them both, equally. Metro 2033's atmosphere was just amazing to me; something I'll never forget and I don't think any game will ever match; even Last Light didn't feel quite the way the tunnels of 2033 made me feel. So some aspects of the game were better in one over the other, but I couldn't choose one to say I like it better.

6. Arvis

Arvis Member

I like the games equally, Metro 2033 felt more epic because I had never experienced game with such atmosphere and gameplay, Last Light was just a sequel. Ending of Last Light was a lot better however.

7. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

The game is a step up as far as basic things like voice and visuals go, but all in all it isn't quite as beautiful as 2033

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I feel like they improved and added a lot of features in Last Light but the game didn't have the same feel as the 2033. The gameplay was also better.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I like Last Light more than its prequel. 2033 was too linear and scripted for me, and too easy even in the highest difficulty. Last Light is more like a survival game, you explore and the areas are more open and stuff.