Do you genuinely have fun while playing?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty WWII' started by GlacialDoom, Mar 14, 2015.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

Do you have fun playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare? Like, genuine fun, in the real meaning of the word? Or are you playing simply because you're used to the usual evening Call of Duty or first person shooter session and you don't have anything better to play?

For me, it's a mixture of both reasons. I love this game, and sometimes I genuinely have fun with it, but sometimes I feel like I'm just playing it to pass the time or because I don't have anything better to play.

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why would a person play a game that they're not enjoying? It's time to move on to another game at that point.

3. Jxhn

Jxhn Member

I think at first, Call of Duty was all about just enjoying it and having genuine fun. However, as time goes by, I realize that the primary reason that I play is because I want to be better. I want to step my game up no matter what it takes. I think that just reflects the competitive side of who I am.

4. GlacialDoom

Regular

Because there's nothing better to play and that person wants the time to pass faster. Also, as Jxhn said, many people play games they don't necessarily enjoy anymore because they want to get better and play at a competitive level.

5. sakil99

sakil99 Member

Yes. I really love to play this game.

6. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Perhaps I don't find it as fun as when I first started playing it as it gets repetitive, but it's still a great way to unwind.

7. rabst

rabst Member

What is real fun if you aren't having 'it' while doing something you normally do? If you play a game more than twice on a regular schedule, is it officially "no longer fun"? I'll examine this on my blog (in a post that links back to this thread).

8. GlacialDoom

Regular

Thanks for the, uhh... insight on the matter. Yeah, that's definitely what I meant.

rabst likes this.
  9. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

I love playing the multiplayer modes of any game but I tend to find the Story mode to be a bit tedious especially when it gets really challenging and repetitive.

10. rabst

rabst Member

DragonFable makes fun of that rigmerole with some self-aware comments from one or two of the characters.

11. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you want to play a game you don't like at a competitive level, then you're still wasting your time. Playing a game you don't like isn't going to pass the time faster - it's going to have the opposite effect. Go read a book or something if you don't have a fun game to play.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Having fun while playing game is a subjective experience. At other times it may also be determine by the mood of the individual at that time. I wouldn't quit a game even if it's not interesting, the thing is I may not go back.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd like to think that I have fun while playing, because if I didn't then there wouldn't be much point of playing in the first place. I know that for most people there will be times hen we get frustrated with a game and it can sometimes be more of a challenge than something we're doing for fun, but overall I think most of us play games because we want to and not because we have to.

14. edy

edy Active Member
    Regular

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is highly unrealistic. I speak in terms of real-life combat. :( In terms of fun, it does deliver. ;) I enjoy the Call of Duty games every now and then. I do not obsess. I do not purchase every single one in the series, for example. I play what I have.

15. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I love to play this game all the time.It is a very nice game with so much amazing graphics.It is very simple to understand and easy to play.I always enjoy more while playing this interesting game.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not only referring me to Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, but to all the games that I play: What's the reason for me to play something I don't like? There is no reason for this.

17. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes I do have fun

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

But you have fun in what way?

Playing alone or with your friends? Your response was very vague. :p

andreea.lifestyle99 likes this.
  19. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

Of course I have fun when playing Call Of Duty, it is one of my favorite first person shooter games.

20. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have been playing COD ever since it was launch, the first time i was playing it i found it very intense and very alluring. I never stopped playing until my arms turn numb.

The game is very enjoyable, i love the game ...