Do you feel like you are wasting time playing games?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by llllllllllllllllllll, Feb 6, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

i dont have time as much nowadays. but no its a hobby like playing sports i dont think its a waste of time at all. especially games that make you think .

2. wulfman

i still play zelda majora's mask and mario64 and world of warcraft at least a couple times a week .

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Not really. It's a way of relaxing or doing something when you have nothing else to do.. It just depends on your own life.

4. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do, I make the effort to always step away from playing for maybe a week so that I can get out and do something active and healthy.

5. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

heck no, gaming destresses and relaxes you, if you want to be more productive, you must be stress free, also a recent studt found out that the best surgeons in the world were avid video game players in their youth. since gaming improves dexterity and concentration

6. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sometimes I do get that feeling but actually gaming could be also useful and you can learn new things such as language. And like the poster above me said, it truly improves concentration.

7. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, especially when I have important things to do and I choose the game over those things, I do think I am wasting my time, and sometimes even my life. Playing those games.

8. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

It's not so much that I feel I'm completely wasting time by playing games - for me, games are fun, fulfilling, thought-provoking, and, dare I say it, even educational at times. As previous commenter have mentioned, I think it's as valid as any other hobby. But I do sometimes worry that I ought to be doing other things which are more productive, or that I'm neglecting my responsibilities.

9. sillylab

sillylab Active Member

Honestly it's a yes and no answer for me. Sometimes I justify it by saying I would be wasting my time doing something else at least I'm entertained. But other times I remember how I used to be such an avid reader and how I could be doing so much better in school if it weren't for games.

Then I play skyrim and forget was I was talking about.

10. wulfman

Video games and television are a getaway from the everyday drudgery of life.

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

You should only pay games when you have some tie to waste. If you have some disposable tie, you are not really wasting it.

12. Primalclaws1974

Primalclaws1974 Well-Known Member

I have heard this since I played my Atari as a small child (ages ago). I have heard in recent years that people that play a lot of combat games are more alert, have better dexterity, and superior reflexes. I am not sure how accurate that is. In my old age I usually play short Java-based games, or unending RPGs, but as a young adult I was into DVD games. I remember putting 200 hours into Final Fantasy 7. When it was all done I felt like I should have felt good about accomplishing something, but instead I felt empty.

13. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

In a way, I think I do feel like I waste my time playing games. I could be studying or working, or something much more productive. But even with those thoughts in mine, I still love gaming. It's one of my top hobbies for sure.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't feel that I've been wasting myself for playing games. Th reasons why I play games is to have fun and to release my stress from the world. Enjoying yourself to play doesn't waste anything, you're having fun. I never consider that playing games are wasting my time.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is why I limit the time I spend on them, but more importantly limit the time my children pay. My 6 year old has it bad with games, but he's doing great in school so I just have to take the good with the bad.

16. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I do feel that way times. It's gotten to the point that I'm in the ever constant struggle of wanting to write or wanting to game. 9 times out of 10, gaming wins. Then I just chalk it up to me not feeling inspired and just get sucked into someone else creative genius.

17. wulfman

Video games relax me. Even in the middle of work I will play a racing game or platform game for about half an hour to unwind.

18. wulfman

If I play RPGs though I usually have the day off. :)

19. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not friends with people who say gaming is a waste of time. If you're having fun playing it then it's not a waste. We all have our hobbies some people fish, others workout and others like to play games. What's wrong with that? Just don't do anything in excess though because then it's gonna be bad for you.

20. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well yeah sometimes, but I mean isn't that the point?