Do you create male or female characters?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

I generally choose male characters, but it depends on what stats they have. For example, I have a female saiyan in Dragon Ball Xenoverse because Ki-based super attacks are stronger than the males.

2. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a girl so naturally i'd go for a female character. I honestly haven't tried creating a male character in games. I mean why would i? I guess for some, if they want to have a troll account, they wouldn't care about the character at all. But for me, i don't have time for multiple characters, i can barely manage one account. Lol

3. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to choose female characters not for any other reason than the fact that they usually offer more customization, where-as guys are often limited to what they can offer in regards to unique looks. I don't want my character to look like all the rest, and often times that means choosing a female character. Plus, it seems easier for me to come up with female character names then guy ones!

4. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

Many people (including me) like to make the perfect character that represents their character. I always use a female character and make her super adorable, or at least I try to. It's fun to see a mini creation of you walking around. I can understand why guys make female characters because while there are many customizes for males, it's not as visually eye-catching as females. Plus fan-service is a huge factor. What's wrong with wanting to see cute girls bouncing around all day?

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha, that too but most of the time females look like a better version of the male character, and whenever that's the case I make sure to pick the former.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've played a lot of games where a good 80% of the main characters are guys, so when I get a game that lets me choose a gender...you best believe I will choose a girl. Also, it's fun kicking the boss's ass in little more than an armor bikini since if I'm fighting to save the world, I might as well look good doing it:D

7. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always create female characters after myself. I mean, it makes me feel like I'm in the game more rather than just a good ol' virtual character taking my place.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always make my character a male. It makes me more comfortable because you know it's online you always get harassed by the other players.

9. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

There is a rather ridiculous precedent for female clothing/armor in MMORPGs to be rather "scantily clad" as has been mentioned earlier. For me, it depends on the game whether I will choose a male or a female avatar, but then I also have to take into account the username I choose as well.

10. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I create mainly male characters. The only time I create female characters if I am doing a little side-role playing for them. For example, in WoW, I have:

- Male Tauren Hunter
    - Male Tauren Shaman
    - Female Tauren Warrior

The female is the little sister of the two others. I find that if I create a female character solely for the reason that they are scantily clad, I abandon their progression about half way through. Most of the time, not even reaching level 10.

11. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Male. I just dont enjoy female characters. Not a sexist thing, just a preference in design and aesthetics.

12. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member
    Regular

Usually girls, since I AM a girl. :)

13. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

I create primarily male characters. Unless it's a game where you can switch between characters or control a party (like Atlantica Online), I stick with males.

14. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It depends on the game and the type of server. For example if you play a game on an RP server. Also what kind of people I'm playing with can influence the decision. Do you play in first or third person? Some people choose by what they would rather look at in third person as well.

15. chriswriter

chriswriter Member
    Regular

I create male charactors because part of the joy of playing these games is my creating an alternative existence within the game. I've no desire for an alternative lifestyle as a woman.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I'm one of those people who always plays as a girl, because I am a girl. But yeah generally I like playing as female characters more.

17. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That does get annoying after a while...but then I usually PvP and kill the person harassing me since most are trolls that only play to be a pest to other players and not enjoy the game itself.:p

18. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I generally create male characters, since I am male, though on occasion I will make a female character.

19. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member
    Regular

It really depends on the game. I am female, so I like to be female... yet there are times that females are weaker than the males. So sometimes I will have a male character. If the stats are equal and I don't have to worry about any of that, then I am female.

20. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually it doesn't matter to me which gender I play with, the game play experience and the story line means more to me.