Do people still play guild wars 1?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by Gloomer, May 15, 2015.

1. Gloomer

Gloomer Member

I used to play it and finished the campaign and had gotten around to starting pvp and the expansions but left when High school started. I have recently played guild wars 2 and I'm very disappointed by it. Are there enough active people in guild wars 1 for it to be worth getting back into?

2. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are definitely people playing GW1 last time I checked. Certainly not as active due to the released of GW2 and other MMOs. But, there's still a dedicated community presence leftover.

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

It's not as popular nowadays since GW2 came out but there are still people playing. I'd recommend looking for a large active guild and joining them. There are still guilds out there recruiting in Kamadan and Lion's Arch.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

There are still quite a few people playing Guild Wars 1, although it is not nearly as much as it used to be. Most people in the Guild Wars community have finished the game, have nothing left to achieve, and are now on Guild Wars 2. On the other hand, the GW1 Live Team still adds new content every now and then

5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

I suggest looking for an active guild and joining up with them. That's probably the best way to guarantee that you will have other people to play with. The game will still have a dedicated player base. But GW2 definitely took a chunk out of it.

6. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's still some folks playing it, but most people just moved on to Guild Wars 2 by now. It's worth trying to get back into it and join an active guild. There might not be too many playing online, so you should stick a guild made mostly out of players that are still play it.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Plenty of folks playing it, but you have to locate them. As someone with 100% of the maps everywhere, I can safely say capital cities of each expansion (And Droknars) are still active. The smaller outposts you may never see someone anymore, but that's just really due to how the game instances its world. There's probably a CRAP TON more people you don't even know about playing because they're in their own instance.

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I'm playing the second one at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Some of my guild mates however are players since the 1 and from what I hear from them they still play it a bit but more for a sense of nostalgia then anything else.

9. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I've been playing it with my friends from time to time, just to experience the story. This is where Guild Wars excels in my opinion.

Call me strange, but for me it's a co-op game first, PvP comes second.

10. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

Yes there are people still playing GW1. A lot of people came back from GW2 because they are bored of GW1 or want to work on their HoM and also GW2 players bought GW1 to work on their HoM. People also come back on event days as well. Halloween, Wintersday, Dragon Festival, etc.

If you are looking for a guild, Kamadan American District 1 is the place to go. That is also the place to go to buy and sell stuff.

11. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to play older games occasionally which is a good thing to get some change and awaken memories from the game play.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Probably, there are some people who just try it out for the sake of old times but I personally don't play it anymore, though I still have the CD laying around here.

13. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have the DVD in my game collection, but personally don't really play it anymore that much. Probably 2-3 times a month when my other games cease to satisfy me, but that's pretty much it.

14. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's still around and kicking. People will keep playing as long as GW2 offers the Hall of Monuments as a tie in.

15. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

No I don't, because of the time I spend doing college stuff... I just don't have the time to keep up with it. As soon as I can I will try and check it out once again, because when I play it, I liked it a lot.

16. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow I had no clue the servers would even still be up. I'll definitely have to dig out my game disc and give it a shot as I haven't played Guild Wars in a looooooong, long time.

17. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

No I haven't played it in a long time. It's a shame tho, it was a very good game.
    Maybe again some other time.

18. edy

edy Active Member
    Regular

I feel the same as you. In fact, I have beaten GUILD WARS 1 and found it not that great a game. Let it die; there are plenty of others....

19. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

There is a minimum number of people who still like to play GW1.After the release of GW2, GW1 has lost his unique value.Because people want to play new versions with amazing graphics and features.There are many other amazing games with force people to play them.That's why people don't like to play Guild Wars 1.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well... Guild Wars 1 is definitely not on the list of most wanted games, but I know some friends who still play it a certain frequency sometimes.