Discuss Answers to Last Light questions from THQ & 4A Games Here!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Apr 11, 2012.

1. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

These are only the answers I posted this week, can't give away everything at once...they actually supplied 3 pages of new answers so I will be posting those up over the next few weeks.

2. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

OH, hah I should have thought about that. I can't wait to see more.

Hmm, intresting. I thought it was silenced since it seemed long enough like it should be, also it made a slightly spitty sound. Do you think that means they removed the silenced bastard? I can't imagine the barrel getting any longer, unless IT IS an extended barrel.

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

A silenced variant should be available... why remove it?

4. Teddy Picker

*bump*

Good answer set this week, Joe! I'm excited for details about armor/weapon customization!

5. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, good answers. I can't wait to get more 'detailed' info very soon, and even better: a release date! This game will be my life when it comes out.

6. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Also I heard him saying something about a multiplayer reveal before too long. That's what I'm really looking forward to at the moment. Also, thanks to 4A Games for not rushing this. Way too many game studios nowadays tend to rush everything, hoping they'll be able to spit out as many crappy games as possible, and earn that more money. That definately can't be said about the Metro-series.

7. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Indeed, glad to see them taking their time.

8. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I don't think these questions have been answered on the forums so I'll share them on here.

All answers were from the Metro (THQ) page on facebook. The official Metro page.

I asked if stealth would be easier or harder than in Metro: 2033 and whether or not the filters will be manually changed because it'd be a shame to see that go and I got back:

STEALTH: Stealth will still play an important role in Metro: Last Light and the AI has been adjusted to be more aware of their surroundings. This mechanic, like most others, is still being tweaked in final development stages. However, these types of levels will present more of a challenge but won't be impossible to achieve full stealth play through.

FILTERS: The gameplay videos from E3 show a new mechanic where picking up filters adds to the amount of time you have clean air when using your gas mask. This is probably not going to change back to the old mechanic of changing the filters; but this mechanic hasn't been finalized and the dev team is looking at multiple ways to set this up in game.

9. Von Streff

Regular

^ I can't believe they did that with the filters... what the hell? Metro is getting more and more realistic (wiping water off the gasmask, etc), and then they get rid of this? Why?

10. Teddy Picker

I'm sorry for any foul language, but this is fucking unacceptable.

They're taking away a core mechanic to Metro that really made it unique. It's a survival element. People like it. God damn it I don't know why I'm so pissed.

11. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, Teddy. This is some ridiculous Tom-foolery.

12. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I agree, gentlemen. Unacceptable.

13. VanillaToshi

To battle-stations!

14. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I'd also like control of the filters, with all our stuff in a little backpack display. Maybe a separate body mounted equipment display, looking down at your body (don't roll your eyes devs!). To me though, the super-short filter life in hard mode was immersion breaking. So i hope they get rid of that and put in some other challenge fitting for the Metro experience/environment.

15. VanillaToshi

I agree with Thane. For some reason, if you started running really low on filters in Metro, Artyom started changing them like every minute. Wtf? I never really had a problem getting filters though so i'm fine :)

Joe, I hope you're looking at our responses to the new gas mask filter mechanics.

16. Von Streff

Regular

I'll make sure he sees them.
    Artyom casts a shadow? Awesome, that will make it that much more immersive. Nice move, 4A.

17. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Handmade claymores!.... Mumbles* ah shit...<:0

18. Teddy Picker

Ugh guys, I'm already going through Joe-withdrawal!

19. VanillaToshi

I agree, the more realistic the better. Well, as realistic as a game based on a Post-Apocalyptic book full of mutants, ghosts and "Singing pipes" can be...

20. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back Joe.

Re: the Journal idea it can either be in the game menu or if it's in game then my concern that it would have been too cluttered.
    http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=1060

But it's good to see the journal is going to be more interactive :)

Fantastic!