Discuss Answers to Last Light questions from THQ & 4A Games Here!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Apr 11, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Now that we have answers from THQ & 4A Games regarding our questions let's use this thread to discuss what we have been given so far. Thanks Joe for getting answers so quickly from the Developers at 4A.

1. N.B ASK QUESTIONS TO THE DEVS IN THE FOLLOWING THREAD. Please refer to the following thread to post questions regarding the game / franchise: http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=593.

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the answers we've had so far. Seems like the game is going in the right direction.

P.S If anyone knows more Easter eggs in 2033 do send me a PM. Maybe he meant the bong pipe one? :lol:

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

4. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

#4 majnu, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  5. Von Streff

Regular

Interesting, they plan to have multiple paths just like in 2033. That's epic.

6. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Yeah, multiple paths, very cool.

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

- Linear Story Fashion - I guess they are sticking to the same formula.
    - Encourage Greater Exploration & Player Choice - Massive Tick
    - Multiple Routes (similar to Black, Outpost and Frontline from the first game)- I guess we're used to this already like in Frontlines where you could stealth your way through or take the full combat approach.

- New Character - (Would anyone be disappointed if it was a female?)

8. Von Streff

Regular

It would be interesting, but what I noticed in Stalker and Metro, the females are tough, but they don't fight. And I'm going to sound sexist here, but I think this is the natural way of things, and in Russia I think this is quite normal, too. Too many "Hollywood" games have skinny, barely dressed women fighting beside men four times their size, and they're equal. It just doesn't work like that...

9. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Would be awesome though!
    (Thinks about 'Natasha wearing a sexy one Piece latex suit or something holding a Ak, Rawr!)

Knifes
    But I hope they do make the Knife Slectable, I mean, your still not superman and in a front to Front Knife fight you shouldn't be able to Instant kill them. sure a Random button that kills whatever in-front of you is good, but still, meh

I personaly think it would be awesome if we had more stuff like on the first time you get attacked by Nosisles (Spelling?) and where you jab a knife though the underside of its jaw. Having S**t like that would be awesome, as long as it dosnt get repetitive

Destructible environments
    I think what we will see here is pretty much FEAR (The game) but taken to a new level, as with FEAR, when you shot at a Concrete wall it would all shatter and whatnot with a texture that looked realistic etc... but We will be seeing the walls getting taken down chunk by chunk, at what seams like a Accelerated, movie like Rate

10. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

no plans for level editor currently and there won't be most likely. Well, too bad I'm in the part of you can't satisfy everyone. :)

Thanks for the answer THQvagrantscout!

11. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

Here's a question...I am sure you all "like" our Facebook profile page at www.facebook.com/metrovideogame so my question to you is this: do you enjoy the lighthearted approach I take in creating status updates (such as the one I posted on 4/19) or would you prefer a more direct, more serious approach with no humor involved.

You feedback is much appreciated.

Joe @ THQ

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'd "like" you to be yourself :D
    I don' use Facebook but Twitter updates would be equally appreciated :)

13. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Quick question for all. During the E3 gameplay last year you could turn off the light from helmets on dead enemies. Did Metro 2033 have this too?

I can't remember if you could do this in 2033. I'm pretty sure you couldn't.

14. Von Streff

Regular

It's good to have some humor, but keeping the serious tone will help us... well, take it seriously. :)

You could smash them with your knife, but not turn them off. It's a cool new feature.

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Very detailed reply about the moral system (as we call it). I have to respect that 4A want it to remain a mystery but it's good that it is remaining in LL.

Will decisions made lead to different outcomes throughout the game? Or will we just have another choice of 2 endings?

Also I think Co-op was hinted as a reason to keep coming back to play the campaign. :D

16. Von Streff

Regular

Yes, excellent answers, as always.

We have to ask some which trick them into giving more information (Joe, you didn't hear that). :)

17. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Hmm. Thoughts? Could there perhaps be a co op campaign? Several endings?

18. Von Streff

Regular

Metro 2033 "utilized a radial weapon-select wheel". Yes, this was great for console users!

Hmm, sounding good. I'm expecting great things, especially for the extended development.

19. Von Streff

Regular

From the May 8 answers: "... volley of swearing from Artyom"

So Artyom will speak? Very interesting clue...

20. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Well spotted, yeh I hope he speaks a bit. But dialogues can reveal the character of a person, I hope they don't give him cheesy lines like murder boner from Bulletstorn lol