Quantcast

Did you play the first game in the series?

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by Sad Puppy, Jun 2, 2016.

1. HappyKoi

HappyKoi Member Regular

I did, actually! Then I went on to Civilization II: Test of Time, and that was awesome. I rather liked Civilization IV, but Civilization V is still my top game. Sometimes I go back and play Civilization 1 and I think, "How did I not get frustrated with some of the mechanics of the game?" They fixed so much in the later editions.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I've only played civ v because I never really thought I'd ever come to like this genre but after having played that it really has turned me into a fan and now I'm very curious to try out all versions. Mostly the new one to be honest but I am still very curious about the older ones.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I think that I started with Civilization III, but for some reason I want to say that I went back and played an earlier version, but my memory is escaping me at the current moment, as it often does. From what I understand there was a big pretty big jump between II and III too, which I certainly believe because the graphics is III are pretty impressive. I still have vivid memories of my hundreds of Calvary in the cities, a little calling card of mine. Thanks for sharing.

4. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

You're right, the difference when it comes to graphics, is really big and we can not have any doubt about it, even when the Civ III is quite out dated right now it definitely was a good game.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

:) Good luck

6. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't played this game yet and actually haven't heard of it. But I am thinking of downloading it.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member Regular

Being an avid gamer now for more years than I care to remember, I also played the very first Civilization that came out but I wasn't a massive fan for some reason. It was a game I enjoyed but it wasn't something that I'd play religiously and never even bought the follow up.

Playing the latest incarnation though and comparing it to that first game, it's easy to see just how much the series as developed and now I can say that I'm well and truly a fan as it seems to take up the majority of my spare time these days. I'm not actually sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though...!?

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I did not, and I have only really played it for a very small amount of time. I love the game though, and the third one is still the best for me, but it is nice to go all the way back I suppose.