Quantcast

Did you find out about this game from here?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 8, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I've known about The Division coming up for a really long time, I was happy to see that we have a mini-community here as well. :)

2. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

Ya, honestly I had HEARD about it, but didn't know any info on it till I started reading on the forums here.

Could be a good game if it isn't rushed and the open beta goes well :)

3. FuZyOn

They're surely not rushing it, as a matter of fact they even delayed the release date. I hope they work out any problems that may appear, the game looks really good right now and open beta will surely confirm it.

4. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

Sadly, with most games Open Beta is basically just a trial run of servers and etc. Once it hits open beta don't expect much to change from then to release.

The closed beta testers do most of the work finding bugs and other things, though a lot of the time they simply don't have enough.. time.

5. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I'd heard rumblings about it, but I hadn't really checked into the game until fairly recently.

Now I can't get enough info about it, I'm actually getting pretty stoked for the release and I'm enjoying discussing the game with the community here!

6. FuZyOn

Haha! I know, right? They keep teasing us with short videos but they haven't updated us in a while! They're probably working quite hard to finish the game in time, they'll release it pretty soon.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I heard about the game when it got announced on stage during the E3 2013. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm still very impressed even now. But damn it, Ubisoft: how about you let me play the beta? I'd love to play it. :D

8. FuZyOn

I wish they had an open beta for the game but I guess we'll have to wait until Q1 2016. I see where they're coming from though, they have to give some incentive to the early adopters in some way.

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I've known about it since the very beginning, and I'd be surprised to find more than a couple people that haven't heard about it/seen some of the gameplay videos.

10. TheMaddyMonster

TheMaddyMonster Member Regular

I didn't find out about it until RTX in Austin, Texas this year (August, 2015) but I didn't get to demo it then because I was working the convention. However I was stoked to see it again at PAX Prime couple weeks later and got to demo it there. It had controls that were really similar to Call of Duty controls (which seems to be the controls that every FPS and TPS is going toward nowadays) and the multiplayer had a lot of different options for what class and customizations you could play. However I really wished I could've gotten to play the campaign! I really want to know more about the storyline of it all.
    Guess I'll just have to wait until it comes out!

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  11. Dawnish

Dawnish Member Regular

I've heard about it before this forum but I never thought to actually look into it. Now that I've been seeing gameplay videos, trailers and have been learning more about the game; I'm actually quite excited for it. It's enjoyable learning more about the game as well as discussing it with others as of right now. Now let's just hope Open Beta goes well!

12. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

That's awesome that you got to play it. I've heard that the cover system is like Gears of War - how easy was it to use and what did you think of it? I'm also curious to hear about your overall experience with it... Did it blow you away? Was it just crazy free-for-all or did you get a chance to work with your teammates in the Dark Zone?

13. TheMaddyMonster

TheMaddyMonster Member Regular

I have to admit that I'm lame and have never played Gears of War :( So I can't make any comparisons besides the fact that in looks and animation the game was similar to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Sadly, the game did not impress me. Mostly because the 15 minutes I played were with people I didn't know and the objective seemed too difficult for a team of 3 people. It was 3v3v3 extraction in the Dark Zone. Basically it just felt like,"go in, shoot things, get loot, leave." It got really boring after about five minutes and my group just kinda ended up wandering the map. Also the game didn't let you equip any of your loot but hoping thats just because it was a demo.

14. FuZyOn

I'm sure they're going to add more interesting things, probably those Dark Zone events were just for gameplay testing purposes. How did the graphics and level detail look like to you? Were they at least decent for a demo?

15. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Not from here but from Youtube actually. When it comes to new games coming out I tend to stick to social media and Youtube for news. I only come to forums for discussions about the game but yeah, it's nice to see and talk to people with the same interests and curiosities.

16. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

I've known about it since E3 2013, I think that was the first time it was announced. Its been a long wait since then, with nothing more than the trailers to go on. Obviously the trailers seem to suggest a real next-generation game in terms of AI and immersion, but you just can't trust a trailer to accurately depict a finished product. I found this forum through my constant searches for an opportunity to played the beta, and although I haven't found anything like that here, there is a great community and I'm glad I'm not the only one who is so hyped for release.

17. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

I heard about it around the same time I got a pass for Rainbow 6. No idea how I got the pass, I think it's for the Beta, but yeah.

18. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think you can access your loot once you get out of the Dark Zone, a video commentary once said that I think.

19. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

The first time I found out about the Division was at E3. The demonstration they gave was pretty cool and it really got me excited for the game.

20. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

E3 for me. Lots of coverage.