Quantcast

Did you ever like Dragon Warrior VII?

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior' started by lindbergh, Dec 21, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I've read some reviews of Dragon Warrior VII before and saw that it had received some great reviews. Being an RPG enthusiast, that got my blood pumping. I went to the store and bought a copy right away. When I actually played the game, I was completely underwhelmed by the graphics. It was absolutely horrible! I couldn't enjoy the game because of how it looked. I hated its graphics so much that I eventually gave my copy away. What are your thoughts on DW7?

2. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

I liked this game a lot. The graphics were disappointing, but its gameplay, story and variety were enough for me to enjoy it.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played it yet, but I might try and run it via emulator, but I don't know how well it will run.

4. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I haven't played DW 7 before but I've only heard good things about the Dragon Warrior series. I have however play Dragon Warrior 8 and it was phenomenal for me so I'm pretty sure I'm going to like DW7 too.

5. Jordanoyo

Jordanoyo Active Member

I enjoyed this game, it wasn't my favorite of the series though. I feel as if it gets a lot of hate though, I mean it's not terrible but there were some big issues with the game, but it had a nice story line that you could enjoy.

6. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

It's really, really popular in Japan. I am assuming that you play the english version of the game on Playstation? It is so popular that they released a remake of the game for 3DS in 2013.
    Here's a trailer:

And it's going to be out for IOS/Android around winter this year as well.

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

It's a good thing that they improved the graphics. It's an even better thing to release the remake on iOS and Android. I don't plan on getting the 3DS version but I might get the Android version. Maybe I'll be able to appreciate the remake, something that I wasn't able to do with the original.