Quantcast

Diablo in different genres

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

So we all know Diablo is one of the most popular RPGs out there and I was wondering, how would a game set in the Diablo world work as a different genre/format? Say an adventure game, maybe even in a similar style to Skyrim or Oblivion. I believe it can be done, because these worlds work so well in many different genres.

What would you guys say?

2. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

This would actually be a pretty cool idea. I've always wanted to play in this style in the Diablo world. It could work and could also bring in new fans to the franchise. I'm not so sure how fans would re-act to their beloved series being changed to a traditional RPG like Skyrim. It could work, but I believe fans want the Diablo they grew up with.

If they can make a standalone series of Diablo in 3rd person first person style, that wouldn't be bad. As long as they continue making traditional Diablo games, I think fans will be fine.

3. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Yeah it would be an interesting concept for Diablo, but I like the fact that they're sticking to original third person view, at least for now. A lot of games shift to first person view with newer releases, GTA, Fallout, they even made a Star-Craft first person game. I like playing Diablo on 3rd person view, I'd imagine a first person Diablo would look like Oblivion.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Diablo as a Skyrim clone does sound intriguing I would definitely give something like that a try, but I don't se it happening I only see Diablo staying as a MMORPG.

5. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I'd be all for this if it also came out as a console version in addition to a computer version, which is an entirely likely thing to happen. In general, I'm honestly surprised the makers of the game haven't come up with a similar idea to this yet.