Developer Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Sep 12, 2013.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/378172095449935872

http://enterthemetro.com/uk/news/community_news_uk/dlc_developer_blog_3/

Spider Lair walkthrough
    [YOUTUBE]XIskKzNh4xA[/YOUTUBE]​

#1 majnu, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

More Pavel? I'm in! :D

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Oh man OH MAN THIS IS SO AWESOME, SO PUMPED!! :D

4. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

so it will have a simpler far cry 3 map editor

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Sounds like no level editor, just a level to test out AI, guns, and models on. Spider level is a bonus that seems like it might save the DLC if it's any good.

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

To be honest the testing part should have shipped with the game. The Spider level isn't worth 5 bucks unless it holds like 2+ hours of gameplay.

7. The Last Ranger

Why should the "testing part" have shipped with the game? I don't think any of us can be the authority of what they should have shipped or not.

And the Developer Pack is $4 USD, not 5.

8. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nice flamethrower^^
    Thanks for posting them.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Is it just me or does his hand look a little strange?

10. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Okay so if Battlefield 4 shipped with only the single player and then later sold the multiplayer for a fee would you be okay with that? Just because we aren't publishing the game doesn't mean we don't know what the game should ship with. Hell even Modern Warfare 2 came with a testing center.

Also I know how much it costs no need to tell me.

11. The Last Ranger

That is an ill-fitting analogy because BF4 is marketed as a FPS with single player and multiplayer. To do otherwise is a bait-and-switch. Metro: Last Light marketed itself as a story-driven single player experience. To expect any more to be shipped with the game--like an optional shooting range level--is unreasonable. You could claim the game would have been better with it, but claiming it should have shipped with it, is another.

If you know how much it costs, then why did you say, "The Spider level isn't worth 5 bucks unless it holds like 2+ hours of gameplay"? You should have held it to the expectation of providing 2+ hours of gameplay at $4 because it is sold at $4, not $5. With DLC, every dollar is important.

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Damn Spiders killed me. Really creepy atm, will complete it tonight.

13. [​IMG]

Teleporting cleaning lady is cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#14 Komodo Saurian, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

That teleporting lady freaked me out. I heard a growl and I immediately turned around and she was right in my face.

15. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nice DLC :D

#17 Heavygunner, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  16. [YOUTUBE]rpEgQ3b_Ug0[/YOUTUBE]

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hahhahahah, this is aaaawesome!
    Well, obviously there's something wrong with my new PC because I lag out whenever there's too many scorpions being burned by my flamethrower. I have to pause it until it gets a little bit better, and run to a place that isn't totally on fire. I lagged a lot throughout the mission, but most of the time was alright. Like 70% of it was lag-free.

I absolutely LOVED the ending!
    *Fights his way through mazes upon mazes filled with tons of deadly spiders, scorpions and cobwebs, catching a glimpse of the sky once or twice, getting closer and closer. Barely makes it out alive in the end, arriving at the beautiful bright sky as if God himself was reaching out for him, then suddenly, shitload of Nosalises and Demons storms him and BAM* the story ends there. Epic! I just love the irony in how he goes through so much only to in the end simply be slaughtered like a lamb at the butcher's as if what he just had pulled off was absolutely pointless :D

I also absolutely loved the part where you fall down some place, and the spiders just slowly crawl up onto you in an aggressive way, getting ready to strike, and you have no weapon at all. *RUN FOR YOUR LIFE*, epic chase through that tunnel where you really have to concentrate on where you're running. And then that epic movie-like cutscene where you fight off the scorpion that lands on top of you by crawling your way to the knife :D

Also, the teleporting woman..... Hilarious!
    *Comes into an empty big, open room with some intimidating noises from the walls. Walks through the room, to a door, then hears a growl. Turns around to see a woman walking back and forth, as if she came out from nowhere. Studies her, then goes back to the door. Decides to look at her again, and WOAH SHE'S IN MY FACE! Turns around in fear, then turns back to her as realizing it was just a woman, then she suddenly does some weird posing, and she keeps doing so forever!*

SHE..*turns* ..NEVER.. *turns* ..STOP..*turns* ..CHANGING.. *turns* ..POSITIONS.. *turns*.

I'm now at the museum, having a close look at all the epic mutants. This is absolutely great! I've always wanted to study them closely, but found it difficult with a dirty gas mask on, and them lying faceplanted into the ground. This is great!

Soon going to the fighting arena.. :)

18. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

See this is the thing with Metro. It's the single player campaign experience where it shines. Spider Lair was brilliant. More sandbox campaign elements is fantastic.

The Arena and leaderboard stuff isn't really for me. I play Metro for one thing and one thing only. Please 4A just concentrate on that.